Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Managing a CB user in the backend crashes

• kdave321
  • kdave321

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Could not parse the requested URI /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbqueryfield/library/Field/QueryField.php:118. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 months 2 days ago #335967 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Managing a CB user in the backend crashes
You have a query field configured in CB > Field Management with "Columns" set to "Multiple Columns", but your query isn't returning multiple columns. If your query isn't selecting multiple columns set this back to default "Single Column".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
6 months 2 days ago #335968 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Managing a CB user in the backend crashes
Ah, OK. Well I am getting a person's full name from his id and only the multiple column option let me do this custom display:

[cb:userfield field="formatname" user="[column_user_id]" /]

• krileon
  • krileon
6 months 2 days ago #335973 by krileon
Add a second column to your query and it will clear that error up.

Will review adding a fix for when there is only 1 column in a multiple column output. Will also review adding support for custom display for single column usage.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9286
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9287

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 months 2 days ago #335975 by krileon
Trying to confirm the bug, but am unable to. Please provide what query you're using and the exact display parameters you've set for your query field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• kdave321
  • kdave321
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #335982 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Managing a CB user in the backend crashes
I am puzzled why this is happening. The only query field I have like that ( single column select/ multiple column custom output ) is an old field where I was doing:
SELECT `user_id`
FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_invites`
WHERE `user` = '[user_id]'
LIMIT 1
, and then the custom display output I  posted above, BUT I had set it to display only on Registration! Not profile or profile edit.

It's been a while, but I think I was trying to display the full name of the person who invited him when he registered, except  of course, at that point he does yet have a user_id!   So I don't think I was even using that field any more and I don't know why editting his profile in the backend would care. But at that point, he'd registered and the query returns the correct ID.

So just to check, I undid my fix in QueryField.php and unpublished that query field - and the error went away.
Last edit: 6 months 1 day ago by kdave321.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon