Search - Community Builder

5 months 2 weeks ago #336051 by 100mile
Search - Community Builder was created by 100mile
I recently downloaded  Search - Community Builder and it only show up in the global Plugin section and not the community builder Plugin page.
I am having trouble activating it in the front end of my website, realeasyhub.com
I have tried building a module for it but there is not menu item for it when it says select Module type.
How do I display this plugin in my website?
I am a novice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search - Community Builder
We don't have a Joomla smart search plugin. That search plugin is for Joomla's legacy search component, which works on Joomla 4, but I don't know if it works on Joomla 5. We'll be working on a smart search plugin in a future release, but it's tricky.

Smart search doesn't search live results. It uses an indexer to pre-search and index the data and keywords. This gives a fast search, but it causes a massive privacy issue for profile data since the profile data can't be filtered based off per-user privacy and access controls resulting in searching fields the viewing users might not even have access to.

So we're having to try and tackle that issue and figure out how to best handle this. I've the smart search indexer plugin probably 50% done and will turn my attention it it once CB Activity 6.0.0 is out, but there's still going to be privacy issues I don't think we'll be able to resolve other than a big warning saying to only index public data.

The best way to search users though is to use a userlist. You can create a userlist within CB > List Management. This will respect access permissions and is a live search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336055 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Search - Community Builder
Thanks for the reply.
However, It is not Smart Search I was inquiring about.
I was referring to, Search - Community Builder

I recently downloaded  Search - Community Builder and it only show up in the global Plugin section and not the community builder Plugin page.
I am having trouble activating it in the front end of my website, realeasyhub.com
I have tried building a module for it but there is not menu item for it when it says select Module type.
How do I display this plugin in my website?
I am a novice.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336061 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search - Community Builder
Again, that plugin is a Joomla legacy search plugin. It's not a CB plugin. It adds CB user searching to Joomla's legacy search component. The built in user searching is done entirely though userlists that you create in CB > List Management you do not need a plugin for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336071 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Search - Community Builder
Okay, thanks much for your input.  Very appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn