AutoAction Email type: Substitutions to show Viewing User info

4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #336204 by jcrimmel
I have an AutoAction Email type sending an email after a user adds a new item into a Gallery. In my instance, it is always a CB Moderator editing or adding information to all CB profiles The email works perfectly to alert that the Gallery was updated, but shows the info for the Action User, whereas I need it to show for the Viewing User. So, that when a new item is added to a Gallery I can alert my Team that an addition was made to that particular profile.

Below are the substitutions I'm using, but this returns info for the Action User. I have read some posts about using #displayed, but that hasn't worked yet for me. Any suggestions on how to make this happen?
[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="reason" /]
[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336209 by krileon
Use the "user" parameter in your substitutions to force the substitution to be from the viewing user instead of the auto action user. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="avatar" user="#me" reason="list" /]

Below are the special user values available.

#me = always viewing user
#displayed = always displayed user
#displayedOrMe = displayed user if they exist otherwise viewing user

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #336211 by jcrimmel
If I use the following I get a single comma as the result. Confident the user has an avatar
[cb:userfield field="avatar" user="#displayed" reason="list" /]
I've tried this with other fields I know are populated as well, and still get a single comma as the result. 

If I use the following I get my own image, the logged in user.
[cb:userfield field="avatar" user="#me" reason="list" /]
[cb:userfield field="avatar" user="#displayedOrMe" reason="list" /]
So, this works, but not the user I need returned.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336217 by krileon
#displayed only works explicitly on profile display. It won't be of any use in your auto action. It doesn't work anywhere else.

So, this works, but not the user I need returned.

I understood you needing the viewing user? That's what #me does. If not please clarify "but shows the info for the Action User, whereas I need it to show for the Viewing User" as I'm not sure what user you're trying to get information from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336222 by jcrimmel
I'm trying to return the info for the user that is displayed on the screen as being edited. If I log in under my account and upload a file into "Bob Smith's" gallery, I need the email to say Bob Smith's gallery was updated. 

I have tried the below, but it only returns a single comma as a result:
[cb:userfield field="avatar" user="#displayed" reason="list" /]

The #me parameter works fine to return my (the logged in user) info, but #displayed just returns a "," no matter what field I try to return.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336230 by krileon
You'll have to get that information likely from the trigger. What trigger are you using? Again, #displayed only works for content directly rendered on profiles. It won't apply anywhere else and is pretty much exclusively for display usages (e.g. custom html fields).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn