401-error

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #336229 by uwe2023
[SOLVED] 401-error was created by uwe2023
Hi Kyle, I am asking you that just because of your experience, not because it is a problem of CB:
on my site I´ve installed CB, JReviews and, just for testing, DJ Classifieds. Everything was running without problems. The status of the site was "offline". When I switched the site to "online" nothing goes anymore, I´ve got an 401-error.

So I uninstalled everything except CB, I diasabled all menu items except "Home". But there ist still the 401-error. When I switched the site to "offline" again, everything is running. Do you have an idea what the problem could be?

Best regards Uwe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #336232 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 401-error
401 is an unauthorized error so probably an access check of some kind doing it. Probably related to whatever menu item is marked as Home or possibly a module displayed on the Home menu item. For example if Home is to a Joomla article that isn't published and public access you might trigger some access problems.

You can try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry. If there's an actual error going on that would at least expose it. If nothing is displayed the error should at least be logged in your servers error log.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336236 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic 401-error
Hi Kyle, yes, there is an error of jreviews....thanks for your tip!
Best regards Uwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 months 3 weeks ago #336259 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle, just for your information: the problem was the plugin "JReviews My Listings". If this plugin is published as "public" this will cause the error. If it is published as "registered" everything works. Alejandro from JReviews solved this problem on my site and will integrate this in the next update of JReviews.

Bets regards Uwe
P.S. I will install now CB on my main domain. Is this possible under J5, or should I wait and start with J4.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 401-error

P.S. I will install now CB on my main domain. Is this possible under J5, or should I wait and start with J4.

CB is native compatible with Joomla 3, Joomla 4, and Joomla 5. So no need to start with J4 and recommend starting with J5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336269 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle,

ok, thank you and best regards.

Uwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds