Login Admin Notification emails

4 months 3 weeks ago #336247 by seahawk59
Login Admin Notification emails was created by seahawk59
When a regular user logs in to my site it should send an email to me notifying me of who logged in. I did receive that login notification email. Example 1 below.

The question is why do I receive two additional emails that the two super admins have logged in to the site whilst we have not logged in? It shows the same browser as the client who logged in. Example 2

Please advise why this might happen. Joomla 4.4.1 PHP 8.1.26 CB 2.9.0
Example1:

This is the latest user Action email that I received:

Latest User Actions
This is the latest action performed by a user on your website.

Action | Date | Extension | Name
User <a href=' www.mywebsite/administrator/ind ... sername > logged in to site | 2023-12-12 10:54:35 UTC | Users | User Information
Example 2: 
At the same time, I receive two super user email login notifications:

The heading of the email: Website name - New account sign-in for superuser name
Device: windows (Client's Device)
Browser: Chrome (Client's Browser)
IP address: User's IP address (Clent's IP)

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from the website name and website domain.
I am using Community Builder. Will check if it is that component that is sending the messages and revert back.

Is this from Joomla notifications or from CB notifications? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago #336253 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login Admin Notification emails
Looks like you turned on the login logging in CB AntiSpam. Within CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Login > Log just toggle those notifications off. That notification specifically is for notifying a user or moderator when a new ip address is used to access their account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seahawk59

4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #336263 by seahawk59
Replied by seahawk59 on topic Login Admin Notification emails
Thanks. I do not know the answer to why the CB Antispam is doing that when the notification is for a user or moderator to notify when a new IP address is used to access their account. Why is the super user account accessed and notified when a normal user logs in to the website?

The notifications have stopped, but it is concerning that it indicates as if the superuser/s has logged into the site. from the IP address of the normal registered user. 

See example 2:
The heading of the email: Website name - New account sign-in for superuser name. Maybe we should rename that heading to read:

superuser name - New account sign-in for client name

Then that would make more sense to me at least. 

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn