Joomla Contacts and CB

4 months 1 week ago #336367 by alexvpp
Joomla Contacts and CB was created by alexvpp
How does CB interacts with Joomla Contacts?

Can I show CB members on contacts lists?

And can I integrate contacts that are not CB members once they become members in the future?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #336368 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla Contacts and CB
Doesn't interact with it all. Joomla Contacts can work independently of CB. You can use Joomla's contact user plugin to generate contacts on registration, but be careful with this since name in the contact component is unique so if 2 users have the same name it'll cause issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 1 week ago #336369 by alexvpp
Replied by alexvpp on topic Joomla Contacts and CB
Would you suggest something for creating some contacts lists of some CB users?

4 months 1 week ago #336370 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla Contacts and CB
Joomla can do that automatically using the Joomla contact user plugin, but again it requires unique name so I don't recommend just generating a contact for every user on your site and it's best to create them as needed. You shouldn't need anything CB specific for this.

I suppose you could use CB Auto Actions to insert contacts as well, but you'll need to use either a Code action with PHP or a Query action with SQL and code that yourself as there is no contacts action type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexvpp

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn