Help with a Use Case: Metered Posting to CBActivity Stream for CBSubs Subscriber

3 months 1 week ago #336740 by Pomond
Hi! I have a use case, and I was wondering if the Joomlapolis mods/admins/developers, or other users here in the forum, could help provide feedback for the direction I should take to hopefully enable this specific use case:

I have a local news website that sells "Sponsorships" at four different tiers, using CBSubs. The higher the tier, the more available features, including more frequent access to post to a "Sponsors News" area. I was planning to set this up via a Sponsors-only GroupJive Group, then use a CBActivity stream module to display the wall posts from this Sponsors group to all users. From what I understand, this is all supported with the latest CB software.

However, I would like different tiers of Sponsors (CBSubs subscribers) to have their Sponsors News updates metered by tier: able to post/publish 1x/month, week, day, etc. This is what I don't know how to enable, or whether it's possible as-is within CB software.

I'm open to any direction as to how to approach metering CBActivity stream posts, or even using a different method within/leveraging Joomla. Likewise, some manual production is fine, however, automation is ideal.

I love how CBActivity will make it easy for my sponsors to "publish" ala how they're already doing it on social media. If I can get timed access to this feature set up by tier, it would be awesome!

I welcome any feedback and questions as to how I might approach this. I appreciate your consideration and feedback. Cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336746 by krileon
There's no post limit functionality in CB Activity. So I'm not quite sure how you'd go about this. The only thing I can think of is some complicated permission swapping by giving them a usergroup and taking it away once they hit the limit, which is doable using CB Auto Actions but again a bit of a complication to setup. Will review adding a create limit for a future release to allow support for this, but that might be pretty complicated as it'd need to be per-stream per-stream-asset. Sponsored posts are also a feature planned in a future release so that might be a better feature for you eventually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 1 week ago #336751 by Pomond
Thanks much for your feedback, information and for considering these needs within your software development strategy. I agree that I don't want to get too bogged down with something too complicated ... I'll be able to find a middle ground by adjusting how we offer our promotions.

Can CBActivity streams be set to require moderation? This might be a solution for me, as I could handle the production and tracking overhead manually for metered access, since we're of a small size. (E.g. I watch for new Activity posts to approve, and do so if the Sponsor hasn't hit their quota.)

3 months 5 days ago #336768 by krileon

Can CBActivity streams be set to require moderation?

Absolutely! Edit the stream, or create a new one, that you want post approval on. Then under the Create tab set Approval to Enable.

Approval can send a notification to stream moderators to let them know a post needs approval. In addition to that you can configure a stream filter so you can filter the stream to posts pending approval using the below.

Filter: Pending Approval
Access: Public
Restricted: Stream Moderators
Assets: pendingonly

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn