Send email using Mailer after admin approval

3 months 4 days ago #336771 by wintercorn
I need to send a custom email only after an admin has approved a users application. I can't see any option in the Mailer conditions for this though.

is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 4 days ago #336773 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Send email using Mailer after admin approval
Normal registration emails should be sending though (e.g. Welcome email should be sent when approved). If you're needing an entirely separate custom email though that's doable using CB Auto Actions. The below should work.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserApproval
Type: Email
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Equal To
Value: 1

That should send an email of whatever you like to whomever you like when a user is approved. The user object for the auto action will be the user being approved so if you add [username] to the email body for example it'll be the username of the user that was approved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 4 days ago #336776 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Send email using Mailer after admin approval
Thanks I'll try that. I've added in a condition for a specific sub plan as I'd like different emails for different plans.

3 months 4 days ago #336778 by krileon
If you want to send an email when a plan becomes active you can do so using the emails configured under the Presentation tab of your plans or the CBSubs Email integration for custom recipients. That would be easier to configure at least if this is meant to be entirely tied to a CBSubs plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #336782 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Send email using Mailer after admin approval
Well, Auto Actions seems to work well and I'll use that. It doesn't pick up any substitutions though.

I'm using [PLAN_REGISTRATION_PRICE] and [SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE] and they just show the shortcode.

Thanks

3 months 4 days ago #336785 by krileon
You won't be able to use normal CBSubs substitutions like that in it since it doesn't pass through CBSubs. You'll have to use the substitutions provided by the CBSubs system plugin for content plugin usages.

[cbsubs:subscriptions plan="PLAN_ID_HERE" output="expiry_date" /]

See the description of "cbpaidsubsbot" in System > Extensions > Plugins for further usage information. Note you'll need to toggle in "Content Plugins" under the Parameters tab of your auto action for these to work.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn