Odd behavior with file type field.

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #337212 by kdave321
Odd behavior with file type field. was created by kdave321
I just noticed different authorized behavior on a field I made of type "File".  I put the field in a tab with access level "Registered" ( has to be logged in).

I can upload a Txt format file to the field and when not logged in, I get the correct Not Authorized result.

However if I upload a PDF, the link to the PDF is now accessible by Public (not logged in).

The link to the file looks identical in both cases, so it must be something else:
https://[HOSTNAME]/personal/fieldclass?field=cb_resume&function=download&user=[ID]&reason=profile

I tried all the privacy settings attempting to block the PDF from the public and nothing worked.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #337218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Odd behavior with file type field.
PDF are browser cached. You're likely just seeing the browser cache when attempting to access it while logged out. Try accessing the URL from incognito so cache will be ignored. Was unable to confirm using txt, pdf (except when cached), and zip.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337220 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Odd behavior with file type field.
Yes, that occurred to me. Maybe some browsers are caching the PDF and not the TXT files. However, the same thing happened on my phone that had never downloaded the PDF. But just now in a different browser, I get a blank page (with template) when it should be returning a Not Authorized result. This other browser has never visited either TXT or PDF, but the PDF gives the blank page while the TXT is the correct Not Authorized page.

2 months 1 week ago #337222 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Odd behavior with file type field.
It displaying a blank page when access isn't authorized is perfectly normal field fieldclass endpoints. It can either be blank or sometimes an unauthorized error. The PDF however will not actually display and have confirmed as such. So I'm not sure what the issue here is exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn