Template breakes when using smileys amd message not sent in PM

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #337240 by akseldahlnorway
As the title says.

My template breaks when you try to send a message with a smiley in it. If there is no use of smiley, the message gets sent just fine.

Please give me an email so I can give you login credentials and have a look. 

I am fairly certain you need access to my control panel for this fix, so I give full access as a superuser, control panel, and FTP. 

PS: I love your work. Amazing.

UPDATE:
I just realized that when you register, the cropping function does not work as intended when you upload the profile photo. It works as intended when you are already a member and update the photo. Maybe have a quick look as I cannot figure out why it is so myself. 

That is the only two issues I have. Fantastic work, guys. Keep it up.

Aksel 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #337247 by krileon
It's not necessarily a Private Message System issue, but that your database doesn't support unicode so that's why standard emoji can't save. Try running CBs database fix tools in CB > Tools to see if it can fix your database collations, which tries to match whatever Joomla's is set to.

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to use phpMyAdmin then under the Operations tab use the Collation tool to change your database and its tables collations to utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Specifically the following.

Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Change all tables collations: CHECKED
Change all tables columns collations: CHECKED

I just realized that when you register, the cropping function does not work as intended when you upload the profile photo. It works as intended when you are already a member and update the photo. Maybe have a quick look as I cannot figure out why it is so myself.

Please create a separate topic detailing your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337261 by akseldahlnorway
Hi.
Please keep this thread open for a little while.

My host was not interested in helping out with an issue I got when trying to check the two boxes:
Change all tables collations: CHECKED
Change all tables, columns collations: CHECKED
It says:MySQL said:
File Attachment:
#1071 - Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

I contacted my hosting company, as they are the one who migrated my site to hostinger, but they told me this was for me to fix.

Since I have zero knowlegde about this, I need to read and figure it out.

I come back toy you when I have solved this issue.

2 months 1 week ago #337268 by krileon
You can try just applying it to the _comprofiler_plugin_messages table where messages are stored. To do this navigate into your database using phpMyAdmin, click on the _comprofiler_plugin_messages table, then click the Operations tab and adjust the following.

Table options
Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Change all column collations: CHECKED

This will cause mixed collations in your database though so it's not ideal only fixing 1 table. What table gave you the key length error as typically you'd just fix that tables indexes and then you'll be able to go back to applying this to every table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akseldahlnorway

2 months 1 week ago #337273 by akseldahlnorway
Change all tables columns collations: CHECKED
This one is the one that gave me the error.

I looked over in PhPMyadmin and it was some utf4 and mostly utf3 for some reason. I mean, the freelancers working on this a few years back must have been reeaaaly a good hire😂. It was before I was going to run the site, as I had just played around with it for years before I moved to the Philippines, and now we will run it as soon as all is done.

I have gotten most of the site cleaned up and all start to look good, but databases I have zero knowledge about.

I did what you said. or, I took all the utf3 ones and updated to utf4. I ran the Change all column collations: CHECKED and now, my joomla and my jchat can use smiley.

The website still works, but I have no idea what I just did.😁

I did backup, though.

Thanks a lot. I will correct it and have it done properly; I just need to learn how to do it first. At least it works for now. Somehow...

You guys rock. Great help.

Also, lesson learned. It is better to do it myself, and if I run into a problem I do not know how to fix, I learn how to fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn