More "invalid security tokens".

2 months 3 days ago #337317 by kdave321
More "invalid security tokens". was created by kdave321
This subject has come up before (including by me). The CSRF token fails to validate. It's often a caching problem that goes away but it shouldn't happen at all when logging on. 

Now I am adding multiple CB login modules ( because each redirects to a different GJ group ), and I seem to be getting the invalid token error more often.

When this happens I have to refresh the page and log in again, which always works, but I shouldn't have to do that. It's annoying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 days ago #337321 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic More "invalid security tokens".
Disable Joomla's page cache plugin. That's typically the only culprit. We don't decide when a token expires. We simply call Joomla's API to give us a token. What Joomla version are you using?

Additionally sometimes this can happen if the user is on www version of your site, but you have the live_site configuration option configured in configuration.php without www. That causes a cross domain post and will fail. It's best to leave live_site empty or ensure they always remain on the domain of your choosing using htaccess redirect/rewrite rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn