CB Activity 6.0 - notifications

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #337560 by dg1
CB Activity 6.0 - notifications was created by dg1
Hi,

In the CB Activity 5.x version, it was possible to generate notifications when someone commented on the same activity, which, for example, I had also commented on before, or
when someone replied to a comment to which I also replied (I hope I didn't mess anything up in the description :-)).
In AutoActions, the cb_notif_comment_chain and cb_notif_comment_reply_chain fields were assigned to such notifications as enablers.
Is there an equivalent to such notifications in the current version of CB Activity?

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #337561 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 6.0 - notifications
There is not an equivalent for those notifications at this time. Those are planned to be re-implemented as part of the core in a future CB Activity 6.0.0 release once they can be optimized better as there's some performance issues with generating recipients. Both being deprecated were noted in the release blog. I've created a feature ticket though so it's not forgotten about.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9391

You can try replicating those old system actions in a custom auto action, but unsure how well it'll work and likely won't perform very well for large discussions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 1 week ago #337562 by dg1
Replied by dg1 on topic CB Activity 6.0 - notifications
I think it's a bad idea to recreate these functionalities as custom actions at this time.
Fortunately for me, the number of items in discussions on our website usually does not exceed a few, sometimes a dozen or so, so the risk seems to be negligible.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn