CB Activity Feed - tag not showing in hashtag stream

3 weeks 4 days ago #337694 by drhustle
Greetings,

I have been testing out the activity feed functions and wanted to ask about the tagging feature. I notice when using the # to tag a word a pop up appears below that can be clicked on. When the pop up is clicked while creating the post the word is highlighted and when the word is clicked it shows up in the stream as a post with that word tagged. However if the pop up is NOT clicked, the word is still highlighted, but DOES NOT show up in the stream with posts that have that word tagged. The question I have is if that pop up MUST be clicked for the post to show up in the stream of posts with that word tagged or is there a way to make it show up whether regardless of whether the pop up is clicked. 

I have included an attached image showing the pop-up I am referring to
I have included an attached image showing the highlighted tag not showing in the hashtag stream

Just want to inquire to see if it is necessary to add instructions for users that specify that the pop-up MUST be clicked in order for the post to show in the hashtag stream

Any assistance with this inquiry would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if additional information or context is needed.

Thank You
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 weeks 4 days ago #337705 by krileon
Most likely Joomla menu item issue. It's sending to profile page. Create a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Activity. Next set "Action" to "Activity" then "Stream" to whatever activity stream you're using for hashtags (usually just Recent Activity by default). You now should have a dedicated Joomla menu item for the hashtags stream and is basically a requirement in SEO URL environments. Now try viewing a stream and clicking a hashtag.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 3 days ago #337715 by drhustle
This inquiry is about the consistency of the hashtags helping to filter posts, they only work if the pop-up box with the tag text is clicked.

This one seems tricky, because that little box that pops up when creating a tag seems to be the issue,

The tagged post shows in the stream, but ONLY if that pop-up box is clicked. If that pop-up box is NOT clicked when typing in the hashtag, the tagged will not show up in the stream when the tag is clicked.

If typing quickly, the box won't even appear for a user to click it when creating a tag, resulting in their tag not actually working as it should to help filter their post.

I am including the previous image that shows the tag pop-up box I am referring to.

*NOTE - I was able to configure the hashtag and blog items to work as desired prior to the most recent version of CB, so it may be that I am not yet familiar enough with new configuration parameters to make the correct adjustments.

Again, your assistance in working through this is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:

3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #337717 by krileon
Hashtags only work if you select it from the popup. That inserts the tag. It does not do auto inserting of tags. Will review adding support for auto hashtaging in a future release, but it's tricky as it forces assuming intent. Typing quickly shouldn't matter it should still popup once the HTTP call to your server completes.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9399

This was designed after Facebook and similar social media platforms not Twitter which is why it requires an explicit action to insert a hashtag. However will try to implement assuming intent as per the above feature ticket in a future release. Likely will do so with a parameter to toggle on/off since some many not want this.

Additionally CB Activity 5.0 hashtaging is still supported. You can enable it within CB Activity > Streams > Legacy by toggling on "Hashtag Parsing". This is a slower process than the new implementation because it has to process every single post on display looking for what it thinks is a hashtag so it might have misses, but it will restore the old behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn