Latest Version of CB fails to install

3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 1 day ago #337727 by dirtydavid
Latest Version of CB fails to install was created by dirtydavid
Good Morning
I just downloaded and attempted to install the latest version of CB 2.9.1+build.2024.04.05 ~~~b1996(Latest)
The download succeeded, but I get a failed message when it tries to install.
I then tried installing previous 3 versions, each version failed to install.
The site is running, but there are no CB admin functions.

This is the installation details message:
System Information
Joomla: 4.4.3
PHP: 8.2.16
Database: mysql 8.0.36

Package
File: 000_pkg_communitybuilder_2.9.1+build.2024.04.05.19.00.27.f541b1996.zip
Log:
<div>JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file.</div><div>Too many keys specified; max 64 keys allowed</div><div>Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_comprofiler.zip</div>

Please Help!!!!
The user admin ID (admin-test) I created for you is still active if you need to troubleshoot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 weeks 4 hours ago #337733 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Latest Version of CB fails to install
I'm not sure how but you've hit the max database index key limit. We don't have that many keys. No where near that many in fact. So I've no clue how you're hitting that limit. Within your database (e.g. use phpmyadmin) check the _comprofiler table and see how many indexes it has. If it has a lot just delete them all and re-install CB.

It may not be CB doing it though. You getting "Can't find Joomla XML setup file." is strange. Something might be wrong with one of Joomla's tables itself. Try going to System > Maintenance > Database and see if it finds any issues with Joomla's tables.

Additionally used your previously provided login credentials as requested and took a look and CB seams to be up to date just fine and accessible. Was your issue with a different site than provided?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 1 hour ago #337739 by dirtydavid
Replied by dirtydavid on topic Latest Version of CB fails to install
OK
In the phpmyadmin there are 64 rows in the _comprofiler
It appears that every field we created is a key. I will have to reduce the number of fields in user profiles to reduce the keys.
The install did not complete.
The admin menu did not install. I had to go into system - Add Modules - Add Community Builder Admin Module, to make it appear.
I ran System > Maintenance > Database, it reports no errors.
I will delete a few of my fields and try running the install again to see if the error still occurs.

2 weeks 6 days ago #337740 by dirtydavid
Replied by dirtydavid on topic Latest Version of CB fails to install
So, I reduced the keys in  _comprofiler  to 42, re ran the installation and it worked perfectly.

For some reason whenever I create a new field, it now creates a new key. The original fields I created back in 2022 do not occupy a key, fields I added to the user profiles in 2023 and this year each creates a new key.

Also, if you use the option "Save as Copy" to create a new field, it adds a key field, if you rename the copy it creates another key.

So I created a field called cb_user1_image1
Used save as Copy which created a field cb_user1_image12
I renamed it cb_user1_image_2
and have 3 key fields

I have deleted 18 of the keys created by this process.

David

2 weeks 6 days ago #337743 by krileon
Strange it should not be creating keys for every field like that. Will look into it to see if a check is going wrong. Recommend deleting all the keys then reinstalling CB so only the core keys remain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 6 days ago #337744 by krileon
Tested creating 13 different field types and none of them created indexes on _comprofiler. I'm at a loss as to what is doing that on your install. Is it still doing it after deleting all the indexes and re-installing CB?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn