CB Connect capablities

8 years 7 months ago #270467 by jj.willemsen
CB Connect capablities was created by jj.willemsen
We are busy building a CB-based community-based site and want some deeper integration with FB and other networks.

Obviously, authenticating a user with FB etc. - and sharing to such networks - is no problem.

However, it seems to us that Community Builder Pro, which is being used, does not offer any useful opportunities for the sort of integration that we require.

As an initial exercise, we want to display to a user, logged in with Facebook, a list of 'Friends' which they can select to share the site and comments etc. with.

Does CB Connect offer any such possibilities? If so, can anyone suggest where I can find help on doing this sort of thing?

Alternatively, does anyone know of another CB plugin that can do this job?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270510 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect capablities
CB Connect is for single-sign on only. That means they can register and login with their Facebook credentials, but that's all it does. It doesn't provide a friends list or anything of the sort from Facebook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.063 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn