[SOLVED] Place module on specific Groupjive page??!

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301009 by mspeights1
I have a module that I only want to appear on a specific group page. I've tried creating a menu item (External link) using the group page url. When I assign the module to that menu item, it doesn't show up. The module works fine when I assign to other menu items and it even shows up when I assign it to ALL pages. But I don't want it on all pages.

Is there a way to assign a module to a specific group?

As a workaround, I thought about possibly using the About tab in the group and placing the module using {loadposition position[, style]} but embedding modules like that doesn't seem to work either in groupjive.

Please help!

Thanks,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoaoTapuia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Place module on specific Groupjive page??!
Create a Joomla menu item with menu type Community Builder > Plugin then select CB GroupJive as the plugin. Now set Action to Group and supply the groups id for the ID parameter. You should have no issues assigning modules to that menu item.

As a workaround, I thought about possibly using the About tab in the group and placing the module using {loadposition position[, style]} but embedding modules like that doesn't seem to work either in groupjive.

It's possible to do that, but you need to first enable content prepare for CB GroupJive About plugin in its plugin configuration by setting "Content Plugins" to "Enabled".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoaoTapuia, mspeights1

6 years 3 months ago #301014 by mspeights1
Replied by mspeights1 on topic Place module on specific Groupjive page??!
Thank you!! That worked well. Appreciate the quick response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn