CB Privacy private field hide in userlist

5 years 10 months ago #304802 by msgdenbosch
CB Privacy private field hide in userlist was created by msgdenbosch
When a frontend user changes his fields to private the data in the userlist is still visible to this person. I need this data to be hidden so the user can see how it looks to other users.

Can i changes this anywhere or could this be integrated in the next release.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304817 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy private field hide in userlist
User will always see their own data. It's not possible for a user to hide their own data from themselves. At this time there's no plans to implement a "view as.." functionality beyond just logging out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304827 by Neandertaler
Replied by Neandertaler on topic CB Privacy private field hide in userlist
Kyle, just to support the idea of msgdenbosch: I would also prefer to have the opportunity to decide, if a user can see it's own data, or "see as" another user. Many users told me "privacy didn't work" because they can see no difference between privacy or public setting, if they will always see their own data in a list. Of cause they sould be seen in their profile editing, but not in a user list beside other members. It would be sad, if you could not plan this in a future release. Maybe also other users of CB privacy would like this oportunity to configure the behaviour in "see like owner" or "see like other user"?

5 years 10 months ago #304830 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy private field hide in userlist
There are no plans to implement a "see as...". That just would not work in an environment like Joomla and poses too many potential security problems. This is not Facebook were it's a completely closed system where they can do this easily without posing security problems. It is essentially user spoofing or at least would have to be in the case of Joomla to mimic access checks correctly. We've little control of Joomla outside of CB and is too dangerous to do.

A user can always see and access their data and there are no plans to change this behavior, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn