CB Privacy

5 years 6 months ago #307786 by jhoefs
Replied by jhoefs on topic CB Privacy
Hello!

This is an update on this issue. The privacy plugin never installed. I adjusted the Joomla Install, the CB install, everything, and gave up on getting support. I ended up figuring out how to do what I needed to do without CB privacy, and so it will do me no good now.

I did pay for it, and I'd like my money back. It never worked, and support never helped.

Alternatively, I would like to get rid of the "powered by community builder" it may be amenable to make that part of a refund exchange.

Also, my site is close to release, and I have mostly been happy with CB. However, there is a problem. In the CB blogs plugin, when viewing a users blogs (from within their profile view), there is a fa-cog and fa-caret-down to the right which on hover brings up a mini-menu with options for that specific post.

This functionality works well on desktop, but on mobile it is not. Sometimes the mini-menu will come up, sometimes not (ontouch). And when it does, the mini-menu is often on the bottom right of the page, rather than directly beneath the button.

Can you help me with this? I'd like CB to work as well on mobile as on desktop. Everything else has integrated well (I think you guys did a great job on the responsive design) excepting this.

Sincerely,

Dr. Jonathan C. Hoefs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307800 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy

This is an update on this issue. The privacy plugin never installed. I adjusted the Joomla Install, the CB install, everything, and gave up on getting support. I ended up figuring out how to do what I needed to do without CB privacy, and so it will do me no good now.

You simply needed to download it from our product page below. Then install it either through Joomla or CB; it will install through either. Beyond that you didn't bother continuing with support on that issue and started a separate support issue about mp3s in a WYSIWYG editor, which had nothing to do with CB Privacy.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-privacy

I did pay for it, and I'd like my money back. It never worked, and support never helped.

See our warranty page below regarding refunds.

www.joomlapolis.com/warranty

Alternatively, I would like to get rid of the "powered by community builder" it may be amenable to make that part of a refund exchange.

That's only removed by purchasing CB Footer Removal, which can be purchased individually or as part of a Professional/Developer subscription.

Regarding your other issues please post to the general discussion forums below. I've already explained to you your support is for CB Privacy only. You do not have support for anything else.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307808 by jhoefs

krileon wrote: You simply needed to download it from our product page below. Then install it either through Joomla or CB; it will install through either.

It's in rather poor taste that you would imply that this wasn't done before I ever reached out for support. Before I ever asked for support for this the above was executed several times, and it was executed repeatedly afterwards.

The essence of providing support is that you hear what a customers problem is and then address it. Could we begin there? I paid for a product which has never worked for me. Your "support" has never provided useful options, and even above implies, in a public forum, that I am not even intelligent enough to install an extension in Joomla!. I forgive you for that social slight, and am asking for a refund. Could you please give me a refund ASAP?

Regarding your other issues please post to the general discussion forums below. I've already explained to you your support is for CB Privacy only. You do not have support for anything else.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder

I was actually reaching out with the option that footer removal + help with that issue would be a reasonable exchange, or trade, for the $20 I paid for CB privacy. At this point I would appreciate a refund for CB privacy, and I will decide from there whether or not I will use it to remove the footer.

I am on food stamps and that $20 will go to getting basic food and groceries. CB privacy is a product which never even installed correctly, I would like a refund for it as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Jonathan C. Hoefs

5 years 6 months ago #307809 by jhoefs
I just re-read your warranty. As per the language of the warranty, it asks that the consumer reaches out within 30 days.

If you remember I reached out within 30 days requesting help, and received blunt re-iterations of install procedures (as above) and no help.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/single-add-on-support/239332-cb-privacy

I would like that this request for help and refund be honored.

5 years 6 months ago #307810 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Privacy

jhoefs wrote: I just re-read your warranty. As per the language of the warranty, it asks that the consumer reaches out within 30 days.

If you remember I reached out within 30 days requesting help, and received blunt re-iterations of install procedures (as above) and no help.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/single-add-on-support/239332-cb-privacy

I would like that this request for help and refund be honored.

Sent you a private message.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds