Auto Welcome Not Sending

4 years 8 months ago #313580 by tmir
Auto Welcome Not Sending was created by tmir
Hello! I know Auto Welcome is an older plugin but it’s actually a crucial part of our system. I installed it fine and set it up correctly but when I register a new user there is no connection made or PM sent. I’m using Auto Actions to auto login after register if that makes a difference. Let me know thanks.

-Will

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313585 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Welcome Not Sending
CB Auto Welcome acts on onUserActive, which is triggered when their account becomes completely active. So it should work fine regardless of how they login as long as their account is completely active (confirmed and approved). If they are completely active and it doesn't work ensure CB Auto Welcome is published and public in CB > Plugin Management and ensure under Parameters the user id parameters (e.g. Key User Ids) have an actual users id (if using multiple then separate with a comma with no spaces).

Note connections need to be enabled in CB > Configuration > Connections for it to establish a connection. For PMs you need to be sure Private Message System plugin is published as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313589 by tmir
Replied by tmir on topic Auto Welcome Not Sending
Connections and PMs are all active. Users are able to connect and send messages already. Everyone’s account is auto approved and enabled when signing up. I’m assuming my issue may be in the user Id.. my admin id is not the “62” that’s default.. it’s “283”. But even with that id it’s not sending from there.

4 years 8 months ago #313590 by krileon

I’m assuming my issue may be in the user Id.. my admin id is not the “62” that’s default.. it’s “283”. But even with that id it’s not sending from there.

For PMS be sure you set "PMS Sender Id" to 283 and for connections set "Key User Ids" to 283. Then for PMS ensure "Automatic Welcome Message" is set to "Yes" and "Notification Method" is set to "PMS Only". Connections also need to be enabled by setting "Automatic Connection to key user" to "Yes". It should be working fine if all those parameters have been set correctly. Are you using UddeIM or the Internal usage for PMS?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313592 by tmir
Replied by tmir on topic Auto Welcome Not Sending
Still no dice.. when I look in my CB user list my admin TMIR says Id 283 is that the same number as the Joomla core id? Idk I’m lost.. Maybe you can go in and create an account to see if it shows for you. There is a delete account button in there you can easily wipe out your data for testing after.
Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #313733 by krileon
Have retested CB Auto Welcome and is working perfectly fine in my tests. Are you using normal CB registration to register users? If you're registering them by any means other than through CB that plugin will not work. As for if the user id you supplied is correct it's the number under the far right Id column in CB > User Management. Try using a different user id other than 283 then test registering a user to see if they receive the PM and connection request.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn