CB Connect / Google Sign In / Login redirect settings to be like core CB?

4 years 3 months ago #316020 by benvoth
We are trying to redirect to the URL the user originally clicked on after signing in with Google.

We are using the "Google Sign In" add-on and the "Community Builder Login" module on our site so there are the two login buttons: Login and Sign In With Google.

When using the "Login" button, it uses the "Community Builder Login" module settings where we have "Login Redirection URL" set to blank which redirects to the URL the user was trying to go to (such as example.com/articles/information.html and this page is set to require a login). This is what we want to happen.

But when using the "Google Sign In" button, the settings for redirect are in the plugin area inside the Community Builder component. We had both "First Redirect" and "Redirect" set to blank and it always redirects to the user's profile page.

Is there anyway to set the redirect to use the URL the user was originally going to similar to how the core Community Builder "Login" button redirect settings work?

Let me know if this all makes sense.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #316049 by krileon
It's probably using the first login redirect URL specified within CB > Configuration > Registration otherwise it should return them to their previous location if the login redirect parameters in CB Connect are left empty. Logins after their first should then always return them to where they previously were.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316062 by benvoth
Thank you for the reply. I just checked and "CB > Configuration > Registration > First Login Redirect" is already blank.

Is there any other setting to check? Would you guys be able to look over our integration?

Thank you.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #316072 by krileon
It sounds like it's working as expected. The user attempts to access a page it can't. Joomla sends them to login page due to access denied. You attempt to login via CB Connect from the login page. That means that's the last page you were on as far as CB Connect is concerned. CB Connect can't see the redirect URL Joomla gave to the login page (your article they tried to access). Since that URL is not passed to the trigger CB Connect is using to add the buttons it can't return to that URL. We've a feature ticket already to implement support for access denied redirects below, but likely will require improvements to core CB first.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7587

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316075 by benvoth
Gotcha. That does make sense.

What is strange though is that this only happens for us when using the "Google Sign In" function. With the normal username/password login, the redirect does appear to work as intended.

Do you have a timeline for this ticket yet?

Thank you.

4 years 3 months ago #316078 by krileon

With the normal username/password login, the redirect does appear to work as intended.

That's because our login page does get passed the redirect URL for access denied situations. It just isn't passed to the trigger we fire in our login module that CB Connect uses to add its buttons so we don't have that URL to return them to.

Do you have a timeline for this ticket yet?

I don't have a timeline for when this will be implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn