CB connect error after update

3 years 7 months ago #319795 by Leobici
CB connect error after update was created by Leobici
I just updated cb connect to latest version and now i am unable to use it anymore.
I set up fb, ig, twitter and google login/registration but no one works now.
Let's start with google... when i try to register/login i get this error:

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I followed your guide here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263260

Tried to cancel my previous project (working with g+) and set up a new one with no success. If i enable debug mode, i see nothing different.
Can you please help me figure our what's wrong?

Once i solved google problem, i will try the others... thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #319799 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connect error after update
A 403 with "You don't have permission to access this resource." typically means your hosts mod_security is blocking it. Contact your host to check mod_security logs as it would just be a false positive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #319802 by Leobici
Replied by Leobici on topic CB connect error after update
Hi Krileon,
thanks for your quick answer, i will ask my host monday (here it's already weekend time).

I was able to set up twitter and facebook but not instagram.
Following your guide i should have gone to instagram developer but now everything is handled through facebook developer page.
I set up a Instagram basic display, get the ID app Instagram and Instagram secret key but putting them inside your plugin doesn't work... do you have any other suggestion?
Thanks

3 years 7 months ago #319807 by krileon
"Sign in with Instagram" is a legacy implementation and was only still available due to legacy apps still working. Facebook has since discontinued Instagram authentication API just last month and you'll need to just use "Sign in with Facebook" instead. So in next release "Sign in with Instagram" will likely just be removed and have added a feature ticket to do so.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8108

The best I could do beyond remove it is add another Facebook app integration to CB Connect that displays "Sign in with Instagram", but calls Facebook API with instagram_basic permission, but there's not much point in doing that as that permission just gives you their Instagram nickname and nothing else.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #319808 by Leobici
Replied by Leobici on topic CB connect error after update
Ok, no problem, i will discard instagram login but now i have a bigger problem:

Our users notified us that they could not login anymore. I checked and every new user that subscribes gets approved and confirmed but not enabled.
When i try to enable them manually they get a "session expired" notification and they cannot login.

I tried to uninstall cb connect but the problem still exists.
Any idea how to resolve this?

3 years 7 months ago #319809 by krileon
Are the users having problems logging in exclusively registered through CB Connect or is this happening for all registrations and logins? It sounds like they're being blocked by CBSubs "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" parameter in CBSubs > Settings > Global. Be sure that parameter is set to "Yes" or CB Connect logins won't be able to login as they won't have a subscription and that parameter will cause their account to be blocked (disabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn