Hi Kyle RE: some kinda check box?

3 years 3 months ago #321984 by CosmicGlenn
RE: some kinda check box? was created by CosmicGlenn
Is there some kinda add on that lets a person check a box in an article and it shows up in their CB profile under a tab? . The tab would have
"Articles you have read." then it list the title for every article you checked while reading that article.?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #321996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: some kinda check box?
No, we've no such feature. You'd have to implement that yourself with a combination of plugins. Probably CB Auto Actions to track read status and CB Query Field to display on profile what you've read. Would also require a new database table to handle tracking read status. Suggest checking JED as well as there might be a 3rd party extension that can provide that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #321999 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic Hi Kyle RE: some kinda check box?

krileon wrote: No, we've no such feature. You'd have to implement that yourself with a combination of plugins. Probably CB Auto Actions to track read status and CB Query Field to display on profile what you've read. Would also require a new database table to handle tracking read status. Suggest checking JED as well as there might be a 3rd party extension that can provide that.

Thanks for the reply. I use CB Subs and CB to run my banjo teaching site. I have been using CB for about 10 years and I love it. I do not have the skills to make one like you described. I Wish I knew of an Add On that could do that. It would allow my students to track what lessons they have completed. I thought about using ARI Quiz . By putting a 1 question on each article with the answerer yes or no then the results would show on the CB ARIquiz tab in the cb profile but it shows in the format of pass or fail .

Thanks
Glenn Miller

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn