CB Content Mudule

3 years 3 months ago #322040 by XBOOMX
CB Content Mudule was created by XBOOMX
Hello Community,
I am currently working on the cb content module and need some help. I would like to create a module in which the user profile page is displayed. So when you click on any user, the module should display the profile page. How do I have to proceed to achieve this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322043 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Content Mudule
Suggest just using the CB Online Module. It comes with several modes for displaying users. For example if set to "Custom Latest" and you set the "Field" parameter to "Random" you can have it show random users. Next set the "Layout" to "canvas" to display the users as canvas blocks similar to tabs like Connections.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322044 by XBOOMX
Replied by XBOOMX on topic CB Content Mudule
Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately your answer wasn't what I was looking for. I don't mean the "online modules".
Look, from the cb-navigation there is the menu item "User Profile" with this link: index.php? Option = com_comprofiler & view = userprofile
I would like to achieve that with the cb content module. The module says "Allows to display user profile content and timed content".
I don't need any time-controlled tasks, but rather the display of profiles.

3 years 3 months ago #322045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Content Mudule
CB Online Module displays profiles without you having to write any substitutions or code at all. Anyway if you still want to do this with CB Content Module then please read our substitution tutorial below carefully.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You can generate the profile link using [cb:url location="profile_view" /]. If you need to link to a specific user profile be sure to add the user parameter to it like [cb:url location="profile_view" user="USER_ID_HERE" /].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn