[SOLVED] CB antispam install failure

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326714 by tonidellum
[SOLVED] CB antispam install failure was created by tonidellum
Received the following error attempting to install latest cb antispam plugin.
SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Details:
System Information
Joomla: 3.10.2
PHP: 7.4.24
Database: mysql 5.6.48-log

Package
File: 011_cbantispambot_4.0.0+build.2021.07.23.16.45.56.fe840623d.zip
Log:
[b]SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0[/b]

Is the package compartible with Joomla 3.10.2?
Thanks,
tdellum

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB antispam install failure
It happens when the Joomla install throws an error during installation of something through package installer as it ends up getting a non-JSON response causing the JS to fail. Try installing it a second time and see if issue persists. If it does check if it actually installed despite that error since that error happens client side in the JS after installation is done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326742 by tonidellum
Replied by tonidellum on topic CB antispam install failure
Thanks Kyle.
1. No, it did not install.
2. I tried to install again but received same error, and package did not install. In fact there is no cb-antispam in the plugins section of CB at all.

Thanks again for your response.
tdellum

2 years 5 months ago #326751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB antispam install failure
Ensure you've latest CB release installed then retry. If issue persists please retry using Install from Web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin. Note you will likely need to generate and set your site key within CB > Configuration > Integrations (instructions and link all provided with the parameter there). If still not working please PM backend super user login credentials (link in signature) and will take a look as something is causing the install to fail in a way that can't be captured and reported back.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326771 by tonidellum
Replied by tonidellum on topic CB antispam install failure
Thanks, install was successful:
1. generated and installed site key;
2. Installed cb-antispam from the Plugins Management section of cb.

Thanks for your help.
tdellum
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn