CB_Gallery

2 years 5 months ago #326756 by bpollet
CB_Gallery was created by bpollet
Is there a way to disable jpg compression in CB_gallery?

We present astrophotogies and we would like to have them full size without compression

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326757 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB_Gallery
Best I can suggest is increase the maximum width/height and file size settings substantially within CB Gallery. Next set "Always Resample" to "Disable" and "Allow Client Resize" to "Enable". There isn't a setting for lossless compression in CB Gallery. The only workaround for this is to turn off Photo uploads, add the photo file extensions to Files uploads extension list, and let them be treated as raw files so no resizing or compression is applied at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326759 by bpollet
Replied by bpollet on topic CB_Gallery
Ok. setting max size to 5000*3500 and setting parameters to what you suggest seems to be Ok for having full size images.

But I'm not sure to understand your workaround. If I disable "Photo upload", how can my user upload pictures to the website?

2 years 5 months ago #326760 by bpollet
OK. I understand, via file upload!

I tried but via File Upload, jpg (for instance) are recognized as picture and there is still compression on them. :(

2 years 5 months ago #326762 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB_Gallery
Looks like I'll need to fix the priority order when checking a files type to be sure it checks File uploads first so those uploads can be used to override other type behavior. Added a feature ticket for this and will see if I can have that implemented and released today.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8743

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326765 by bpollet
That would be great krileon!

What about also adding a feature request for a "no compression" option?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds