cb activity: 6.0 Photo display in the stream and general rights settings

3 months 2 weeks ago #336661 by XBOOMX
Hello CB team.
First of all I would like to say that I am really excited about the new CB activity.
I use this plugin as often as I can, unfortunately there are a few settings that I can't get to grips with. I suspect that I haven't found the right settings yet as I would like. Maybe I just need a push in the right direction.

Problem 1
When a user uploads a photo to the stream, the stream is not populated. There remains a gap on the right. See screen. If several photos are uploaded, everything is fine.

Problem 2
Probably a little more intense. It's about the user groups. I basically only have registered users and registered users with a paid plan. I have to intervene in the rights of the user groups to make some adjustments. Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have a clear understanding of where exactly the rights for uploading, liking, commenting, etc. are set.
I compared the settings on their demo page under Admin, but somehow unsuccessfully...
Every registered user should have the opportunity to use cb activity to its full extent, initially. Restrictions should be implemented at a later date, according to user groups.

On the 2nd screen, an error message. Expiry: A user with a paid plan uploaded photos to the stream. It worked, photos are displayed very well. User switching: A registered user (without a paid plan) sees no photos but an error message.

I thank you for your support
Thomas

System Information
Joomla: 5.0.2
Community Builder: 2.9.1
PHP: 8.2.13
Database: mysql 10.5.23-MariaDB-1:10.5.23+maria~ubu2004-log

Package
File: 000_plug_cbactivity_6.0.0+build.2024.01.15.15.02.52.b1dfecd3c.zip

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336663 by krileon

Problem 1
When a user uploads a photo to the stream, the stream is not populated. There remains a gap on the right. See screen. If several photos are uploaded, everything is fine.

Looks like a CSS conflict. If you had custom CSS rules for CB Activity 5.0.0 you may want to re-evaluate your CSS to make sure it's still relevant.

Problem 2
Probably a little more intense. It's about the user groups. I basically only have registered users and registered users with a paid plan. I have to intervene in the rights of the user groups to make some adjustments. Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have a clear understanding of where exactly the rights for uploading, liking, commenting, etc. are set.
I compared the settings on their demo page under Admin, but somehow unsuccessfully...
Every registered user should have the opportunity to use cb activity to its full extent, initially. Restrictions should be implemented at a later date, according to user groups.

The Gallery that CB Activity uses is always the users profile gallery. This can be overridden using the asset parameter provided in the Gallery feature parameters of a stream. Additionally the gallery parameters can be directly overridden for a stream within the streams Integrations > CB Gallery parameters. As for activity streams themselves they are entirely configure in CB Activity > Streams > Activity.

On the 2nd screen, an error message. Expiry: A user with a paid plan uploaded photos to the stream. It worked, photos are displayed very well. User switching: A registered user (without a paid plan) sees no photos but an error message.

The viewing user doesn't have permission to view that users profile gallery. So the media won't be displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn