CB field with CB Conditional shown on and off in edit mode

1 month 20 hours ago #337639 by webmasterACA
I implemented the fix, tested it, and can confirm that the issue with the SQL condition is fixed. Thank you for that.

But... I now completed my setup for this field 1, and added the second condition, which is simply 'AND this field 1 is not equal to yes'.
So my condition is now: (SQL count resulting in 5) greater or equal to 5 AND field 1 not equal to Y

Result: the display or not according to the conditions, works still fine, the field 1 is displayed in my test case because it is equal to Y.
BUT when the user changes it from 'Y' to 'N' (or the opposite, didn't test that), that change is not stored in the database.
And when he changes a field 2 at the same time, that change to field 2 is correctly stored, but the change to field 1 not,
I don't get any error or error message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 28 minutes ago #337644 by krileon
Sorry, not understanding your condition setup. Please provide a screenshot of it. What type of field is this "Y" / "N" field? A checkbox field set to display as yesno buttons?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 weeks 2 days ago #337648 by webmasterACA
I understand. screenshots of all used elements of the field definition uploaded.
Attachments:

3 weeks 6 days ago #337658 by krileon

BUT when the user changes it from 'Y' to 'N' (or the opposite, didn't test that), that change is not stored in the database.
And when he changes a field 2 at the same time, that change to field 2 is correctly stored, but the change to field 1 not,
I don't get any error or error message.

Having a hard time understanding this part. So when the radio button is changed to N the conditioned field is hidden as expected? What isn't stored correctly here?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 6 days ago #337661 by webmasterACA
The goal of the fiels is to accept a maximum of 40 subsciptions (40 people who choose 'Y')
Once the goal reached, the field is correctly no longer shown, except to those who allready selected 'Y'. 
The issue is that once the 40 times 'Y' is reached, those who slected 'Y' before and now want to update their details and change 'Y' to 'N', can do that on the screen (still correct) but that change is no longer stored in the database. So next time they display or change their details, the 'Y' is back.

3 weeks 5 days ago #337677 by krileon
Are there any conditions on your radio field that's storing Y and N? Is there a reason you're using a radio field here instead of a checkbox field (this can be set to Yes/No buttons mode)?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn