Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!

17 years 11 months ago #11914 by kenmasters
Replied by kenmasters on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
nant wrote:

kenmasters wrote:

arisman wrote:

IE looks good. Firefox looks good. Opera... the left column is rendered at the bottom of the page, so there's huge blank space on the top.

It's a template issue. I posted a possible fix for the template earlier. Add:

[code:1]vertical-align: top;[/code:1]

to the mainbox, leftbox and rightbox css code.

These proposed changes have been made.
Please retest with Opera and report back!
Thanks for your help.

One last change for you. Now the left column is perfect, but when clicking on any of the "User Menu" links, the remaining content area is centered vertically (same bug). Since your template doesn't use a style sheet for the main section on these pages (no mainbox style which is used for the frontpage) I found the spot to place an inline style. Find this bit of code after the "User Menu" area:

[code:1]<td><table style="border: 0pt none ; width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[/code:1]

and change it to this:

[code:1]<td style="vertical-align: top;"><table style="border: 0pt none ; width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[/code:1]

This should fix the vertical alignment everywhere if the same template is used for all CB User Menu functions.

I also noticed several extra table rows immediately following the same area which create the gap at the top of these main sections, but perhaps that is intended, or maybe they serve some hidden function. I tweaked the code to see what would happen visually:

Change this:

[code:1] <tr>

<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="vertical-align:top" ><table style="width:100%;border:0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="height:15px;vertical-align:top">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
[/code:1]

to this:

[code:1]<tr>
<td style="height: 7px; vertical-align: top;"></td>
</tr>[/code:1]

Again, those empty rows and tables may serve an actual purpose I'm not aware of, so I was just tinkering with the layout gap spacing. The only required change is the first vertical alignment change so Opera users can have fun in CB as well. :P

-- To change is to live.
-- To not change is to die.
-- To not have CB 1.0 stable is somewhere in between.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11916 by kenmasters
Final Opera css fix for you, I hope. :whistle:

I noticed that in Opera I was getting a large 89 pixel gap between the Joomlapolis logo and the horizontal main menu buttons. I was able to successfully track down the css bug and remove the gap by making the following change to template_css.css:

[code:1].header_logo
{
float: left;
}[/code:1]

changed to:

{
position: absolute;

If there are any more css bugs, I'll try to clean it up. I hope this speeds up the release. B)

-- To change is to live.

17 years 11 months ago #11920 by kenmasters
nant wrote:

These proposed changes have been made.
Please retest with Opera and report back!
Thanks for your help.

I found that the Downloads page looked the worst, displaying both the huge header gap and vertically centered middle column.

Here's the summary of fixes so far, illustrated, in three parts:

Part 1: Here's what I see in Opera 8.5:

Part 2: First, I apply the header gap fix to template_css.css:

Replace:

{

With:

{
position: absolute;

This fix gives me this layout:

Part 3: Almost, but not quite. Time to deal with the middle section. Modify the php template as follows. Find the following code, right after the "User Menu" module and Syndicate module:

[code:1]<td><table style="border: 0pt none ; width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[/code:1]

Replace it with this:

[code:1]<td style="vertical-align: top;"><table style="border: 0pt none ; width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[/code:1]

Finally, you get this result, which is identical to what I see in IE and FF:

I hope that clears up the Opera css style bugs. If anyone finds more, let me know, and I'll try to clean it up.

G'nite!

Post edited by: kenmasters, at: 2006/05/08 10:02

-- To change is to live.

17 years 11 months ago #11923 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
What's the time now at kenmasters' place? When could the stable appear? I ask only, in order to be able to divide my work and to invent new excuses B)

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

17 years 11 months ago #11927 by kenmasters
king.lui wrote:

What's the time now at kenmasters' place? When could the stable appear? I ask only, in order to be able to divide my work and to invent new excuses B)

Well, I'm not on the dev-team, so I don't know when it'll be ready. Soon, I hope! Anyway, it's 2:35am now, so I must rest. G'nite! :pinch:

-- To change is to live.

17 years 11 months ago #11928 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
Oh .. o.k. .. then .. dream sweetly from cb :P

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn