Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!

17 years 11 months ago #11956 by torgrim
Replied by torgrim on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
linksys wrote:

Don't know if this is a bug or not but, I logged in through the CB login without checking the remember me box,and I was logged in correctly. (please stay with me here) Then all I did was close my browser (IE) Then came back to the site (open browser again) and the login said I wasn't logged in but in the CB online section on the right hand side it showed my name in the list as being logged in. I then logged in again and everything was fine. So if I close the browser without logging out it logs me out half way, but if I logout by hitting the button to log out it works fine. :dry: Ive tryed to recreate it and it does it everytime. Don't know if it does the same in other browsers or not.

This is because if you don´t log out, Joomla will wait until timeout before you´re user will be logged out. This is not a bug, it´s a feature in Joomla B)

Joomla doesn´t know that you have closed you´re browser. Joomla still thinks you´re logged in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11957 by perlindqvist
Replied by perlindqvist on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
I guess you are timed out after a while. The site can't know you have closed your browser.

17 years 11 months ago #11958 by perlindqvist
Replied by perlindqvist on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
perlindqvist wrote:

I guess you are timed out after a while. The site can't know you have closed your browser.

I guess I was some seconds later than torgrim B)

17 years 11 months ago #11961 by linksys
Replied by linksys on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
ok, I can understand but shouldn't I be logged out on the CB online section too? Shouldn't they both work together? And how short is the timeout if I only close the browser and reopen it within seconds? (sorry I might not understand this fully)

17 years 11 months ago #11962 by torgrim
Replied by torgrim on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
linksys wrote:

ok, I can understand but shouldn't I be logged out on the CB online section too? Shouldn't they both work together? And how short is the timeout if I only close the browser and reopen it within seconds? (sorry I might not understand this fully)

The timeout of an account in Joomla are being set in the admin interface. The default i think is 30 minutes. CB work´s together with the login interface with Joomla. Therefore you´re shown as online in the CB online modules aswell.

17 years 11 months ago #11964 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:Report CB 1.0b7 Bugs here!
Goob wrote:

I'm starting to think they all went off and celebrated but forgot to release it! :dry:

I believe, that's the explanation B)

I cannot wait anymore. I explode .. or implode :pinch:

Please, please - release it *on kneel praying*

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn