Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB and Joomla 1.0.7

• TheBear
  • TheBear
18 years 4 months ago #4649 by TheBear
Replied by TheBear on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
Hello,

dsendecki wrote:

I have had no problem with 1.07 and CBRC2.

You can remove the "about community builder" button -- check the CB administrator congif.

B)

I started from scratch with 1.0.7 and latest RC 3 build from here. And have the same error message as before.

---
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html.
---

This happens with both trying to login or create a new account.

*** Update *** figured at least part of it out - info below

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TheBear
  • TheBear
18 years 4 months ago #4651 by TheBear
Replied by TheBear on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
Ok,

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but here is what (so far) seems to have 'fixed' problems for me.

As my site is not yet officially open, I had an "index.html" file with basic info about the site. The base file for Joomla is of course index.php.

Removing the index.html file solves the login issue. It also seems to have solved the create new account problem.

I will now re-install CB and see it the 'fix' holds.

Unfortuantely this isn't the best solution as I have had to turn off the site for now, which means it will be difficult for others to help me add content to the site before the official release.

I will update once I put CB back on.

• messiah
  • messiah
18 years 4 months ago #4653 by messiah
Replied by messiah on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
Dear Bear :P :

Well i don't know if you are newbie at Joomla but i'll tell you something: It's better if you place the Joomla into a folder of your main path (i mean: public_html/joomla or www/joomla any of both cases) because you'll probably have some problems or misconfigurations and is also very practical because you can have an index.htm with the info that you want to show and the site in your /site place.

You can redirect the site, once you have finished, it with a htacces and all the tags will be the same.

I hope my info it's usefull if not, let me know.

Another thing... I have searched again and again about how to hide the "about community builder" on the admin panel and i can't find the place.... can you help me dsendecki? :blush:

Messiah

• sunburst
  • sunburst
18 years 3 months ago #4718 by sunburst
Replied by sunburst on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
dsendecki wrote:

I have had no problem with 1.07 and CBRC2.

You can remove the "about community builder" button -- check the CB administrator congif.

B)

Hi,

Where is this function in the Admin backend of CB RC2 to reomve the 'about' button? I can't seem to find it in the config section of CB RC2?

Thank you,

S

P.S. if it does not exist, where will i look for it in the code?

• rick
  • rick
18 years 3 months ago #4720 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
The removal of the About Community Builder question has been asked and answered dozens of times. If anyone has a question on this site the first thing that should be done is to use the search box at the top of the page. If you do that it will help reduse the hundereds of duplicate questions / threads.

For answer to this please go to any of the links below:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,8/id,627/#627

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,20/id,4088/#4088

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,8/id,3273/#3273

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,20/id,4100/#4100

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

• sunburst
  • sunburst
18 years 3 months ago #4729 by sunburst
Replied by sunburst on topic Re:CB and Joomla 1.0.7
Well! i did but didn't find any post, so sorry for that. Even though i did find it after you have pointed it out to me. It was kind of vague. Go to the tab management that was fine but then what next.

Anyway, eventually i found it in the Heading menu on the left under:

First Sub-Menu URL: _UE_MENU_ABOUT_CB

and deleted it.

Thank you,

S

Moderators: beatnantkrileon