MySQL Field Type Plugin

13 years 9 months ago #133855 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin

in fact, i just want feed a drop down by a table of my joomla database and use this drop down like a simple cb dropdown.

Unfortunately I do not know of anything that will do this without writing a specific plugin.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #133856 by Toots
Replied by Toots on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
ok , it was i feared ^^

Thanks for your help ;)

13 years 7 months ago #139260 by berco
Replied by berco on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hello, I would like to ask if the plugin is capable of replacing the {USERID} with a real ID of the user also withing the Prefix a Sufix, not only directly in the SQL. This will be great, because I would like to build a URL that will be pointing to a page within my onw component in Joomla that is specific to the current user, whos profile I am viewing and I need this {USERID}
be plased in the URL... Would you be able to update your plugin to include the replacement also in the Prefix and Sufix? Thanks for your support.

13 years 7 months ago #139347 by softforge
It's funny you should ask that because I've just found I needed to do exactly the same thing. I gave it some thought and looked at the CB framework and found the easiest thing would be to use the substitution system that is built into CB.

So, I've just released v1.2 which now allows {USERID} and {VIEWERID} to be used anywhere in the MySQL statement and can apply CB field substitution to the output.

Now you can set 'Use Substitutions' to User Fields and [id] will be replaced in the output with the profile owner's user ID. B)

www.softforge.co.uk/resource-area/documentation/cb-mysql-field-plugin

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 6 months ago #140644 by kbotnen
Replied by kbotnen on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi,

Is there anyway to make the mysql field to show up in the registration process?

I have some db fields with values that is required for registration, like "type of profession". I have a bunch of code that will put stuff into a mysql table before reaching the cb registration process, so If I could make the mysql_field type working on the registration page I could make people not have to input "type of profession" since its already "calculated" for them beforehand.

Any chance for the mysql field to show up in the registration page? As a hidden field, a textfield that user can not edit, or similar. Point is that I have a value that I want to pass with the registration. This value is calculated beforehand, and its stored somewhere in the mysql data.

-Kristian-

13 years 6 months ago #141269 by softforge
Hi Kristian,

Unfortunately I have not found a way to manipulate the edit profile or registration form in the same way that can be done in view profile. The register and edit form are created by CB so there is less flexibility in what you can do beyond the standard field types.

At the moment, the only option would be to do the calculation and store the value on each profile view.

I know that a rewrite of the edit profile functionality is planned for CB 2.0.

Post edited by: softforge, at: 2010/09/03 20:19

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn