MySQL Field Type Plugin

13 years 2 months ago #149771 by ubertramp
Replied by ubertramp on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
medaacek wrote:

In my jos_comprofiler database table there is a field "cb_recordedspecies" that contains all the recorded bird species of the user, the species are substituted by a simple code:

b1|*|b2|*|b3|*|b4|*|b5|*|b6|*|b7|*|b8|*|b9|*|b10

each b is different bird

thanks for sharing man :)

but this bit 'the species are substituted by a simple code'... how can this be done? Ive checked out cb substitutions etc, but this refers to something else. Is this substituting done with backend code? if so, any tips on how it can be done (from anyone) would be much appreciated.

my query is also species related, but fish not birds. so very similar in the functioning, i would think.

from the front end, users must see the actual species, but for counting from the backend i can see the value in having it substituted with a simple code - but dont know how to do it! lol

any ideas? thanks folks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #150739 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
You may be able to do something like this (untested):
SELECT: LENGTH(cb_species2010) - LENGTH(REPLACE(cb_species2010, '*', '')) + 1
WHERE: user_id = {USERID}

This should count the number of * which is used to separate each fish. Then add 1 as there is always 1 more fish then separator.

The only problem I could see with this approach is if cb_species2010 was not a required field. Then people with 0 ticks will be shown as having 1 because of the +1.

I hope this helps! :)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 2 months ago #151030 by serjo
Replied by serjo on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Hi,
I would love to use this fantastic plugin, but somehow it seems not compatible with CB 1.3.1
Has this ever been updated to work in the latest CB version?
Can anyone else confirm this?

Thank you

using:
CB v2.0.x
CBsubs v 4.1.x
Joomla 3.3+

13 years 2 months ago #151069 by researchware
Replied by researchware on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin

serjo wrote: Hi,
I would love to use this fantastic plugin, but somehow it seems not compatible with CB 1.3.1
Has this ever been updated to work in the latest CB version?
Can anyone else confirm this?

Thank you

I depend upon this plugin, so when I saw a note that it wasn't working with CB 1.3.1, I stopped upgrading CB and have stopped at 1.3. I too am looking for some hard confirmation of whether this really doesn't work with 1.3.1 or when it will work with CB again.

13 years 2 months ago #151072 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
I have just upgraded a site using 4 MySQL fields to CB 1.3.1 and they are all still working fine. I cant see any problems or errors.

Let me know if anyone has any problems after upgrading.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #152639 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
Well,

using those fields in user list always gives an 500 error on the page.
They don´t seem to work anymore.
I made a single select from a table and wanted to display that field in a user list. Does not work anymore on 1.3.1 when using php5.3. An Installation with 5.2.9 is still working.

Any ideas?

Regards
Some1new

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn