Conditions plugin

14 years 9 months ago #30558 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Conditions plugin
if people have to hack the files if they use cb 1.0.2.. why not fix it in the actual plugin... :pinch:

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #30559 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Flipsider wrote:

if people have to hack the files if they use cb 1.0.2.. why not fix it in the actual plugin... :pinch:


If you can tell me how, i would be pleased to know. The plugin needs to output some HTML after all fields have been sent to the client. Currently the plugin API allows to load HTML to tab headers, but not after this. Because of this a function call from CB to this plugin must be added.

This hack could be done automatically on install, but "autohacking" is a really bad idea for several reasons. It might be possible to "reverse engineer" this dynamically using reflection, but this is another raelly bad choice.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #30580 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
hmm i recently just tried the conditions plugin (downloaded from joomlapolis downloads section) on CB 1.0.2, and it works fine. However, i had to duplicate the getEditTab function in getDisplayRegistration so that it'll work during registration. Other than that, everything works great.


Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #30581 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
mikko wrote:

The reason for this problem is that the uninstaller does not remove the previously defined conditions (this is intentional), and then the installer tries to recreate the columns. The problem is that you cannot use "if not exists" with "alter table" in mysql.

You can easily overcome this with an installer file.


Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #30585 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
p9939068 wrote:

hmm i recently just tried the conditions plugin (downloaded from joomlapolis downloads section) on CB 1.0.2, and it works fine. However, i had to duplicate the getEditTab function in getDisplayRegistration so that it'll work during registration. Other than that, everything works great.


Can yo post your modified file here? My sites have all kinds of little customizations, so I cannot post my version.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #30586 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
p9939068 wrote:

mikko wrote:

The reason for this problem is that the uninstaller does not remove the previously defined conditions (this is intentional), and then the installer tries to recreate the columns. The problem is that you cannot use "if not exists" with "alter table" in mysql.

You can easily overcome this with an installer file.


Yes. The real reason why this has not been done is that I am too lazy to write an installer.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn