Official CB Public Mail thread

9 years 3 days ago #203032 by tubantix
Replied by tubantix on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
YES!!
With smtp mail it works well! :-)
Both to the user as the bcc to the admin, and third the copy to the sender.

Thank you very much for your help and your fast replies. Now I can put my site online.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #207223 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
I've installed plugin in J 2.5.6 and CB 1.8.1.
I don't see captcha because in CB I've enable re-captcha plugin.

With ALSO this enabled and your plugin in a "Button with Sticky Overlay" I see a lot of the code "\n" and the sound start automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #207634 by Michel67000
Replied by Michel67000 on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
Hello,
In the email (the received message), I have random line breaks in the text.
what is the solution?
I'm French and I write a poorly English.
Thank you for your help. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #218491 by MatJack
Replied by MatJack on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
With Joomla 2.5.8, CB 1.9.0 and Public Mail Plugin 1.3.0 i get the following error when sending emails

"This profile does not exist or is no longer available"

I've tried to debug the problem but had no success.... Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #219665 by martinmg
Replied by martinmg on topic Official CB Public Mail thread
Hi,

I can't find an option to set a specific e-mail address as the sender in "Public Mail" and use the vistors e-mail as the reply-to address. Is there such an option or is it possible to implement such a change?

I want to decrease the likeliness of these e-mails beeing classified as spam.

Do you plan to make "Public Mail" Joomla 3 compatible as well?

Regards
Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #226057 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread

whitetigeritaly wrote: With ALSO this enabled and your plugin in a "Button with Sticky Overlay" I see a lot of the code "\n" and the sound start automatically.


Sounds to me like the overlay is a bit strange. The \n can be removed from the code (search for it in file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpublicmail/publicmail.php and simply remove it). \n is common and used to tell the source code where to insert line breaks. Therefore it should not create a problem.

Michel67000 wrote: In the email (the received message), I have random line breaks in the text. what is the solution?


This is due to some hosts do things different than others. The problem should be fixed in new version 1.4, as all emails now are being sent as HTML instead of text.

If you only want to fix the current problem you need to do the following:
In 2 places, around line 168 and 217 in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpublicmail/publicmail.php you should comment out (add // in front of it) the following line:
$mailtext = stripslashes($mailtext);

MatJack wrote: With Joomla 2.5.8, CB 1.9.0 and Public Mail Plugin 1.3.0 i get the following error when sending emails. "This profile does not exist or is no longer available"


This should have been fixed in version 1.4 of the Public Mail plugin. Please upgrade. Simply uninstall and install the new one. You can also just overwrite the files. No database changes has been made between version 1.3 and 1.4.

martinmg wrote: I can't find an option to set a specific e-mail address as the sender in "Public Mail" and use the vistors e-mail as the reply-to address. Is there such an option or is it possible to implement such a change?

I want to decrease the likeliness of these e-mails beeing classified as spam.

Do you plan to make "Public Mail" Joomla 3 compatible as well?


This has just been implemented in the new version 1.4 :-) Thank you for your suggestion!
Also 1.4 should be compatible with Joomla 3.0 and CB 1.9.

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn