Decimal Fieldtype

12 years 3 weeks ago #196518 by Pilly57
Replied by Pilly57 on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
Well, I can see that there is a growing need for some guidance on how to set the ‘integer’ field to accept say, two decimal places, but no one seems to want to explain what to type into the parameter box.

I've trawled through the Perl manual and to be quite honest it's a bit like learning a whole new language again, Japanese I think. Now, I'm 54 years old now so I do have that long to live, can anyone simply tell me what I need to type into the parameters box (as per Rapunzl) so that when I save a profile with user content of 45.56, it won't keep saying "Not an Integer!"

I would really appreciate some help on this

Thanks in anticipation

PS: I tried downloading and installing the ‘CB Decimal Field Plugin’ by Softforge, the download did not contain an XML file, I could not therefore install it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #201084 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
Did you finally get an answer on this? I have a live site for a client with 40 integer fields that they have reported they can't use! I guess I should have tried decimal places before handing it over :(

So anyone going to advise us what to put in the regular expressions field as nothing seems to work?

Thanks.

Sean.

11 years 6 months ago #211695 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Re: Decimal Fieldtype
I found out this plugin doesn't work well with the search function. Sure you can search between numbers like "3" to "7" but not between things like "5.1" to 6.4". It comes back with no results and when you look back in the advanced search field it took away your decimal. At least this plugin still works good on the profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn