8 years 2 months ago #278156 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing

VDC2 wrote: Originally it's german:

Fehler beim Laden der Komponente: index.php?option=com_comprofiler, Komponente nicht gefunden

It means that he cannot load and find the component (index.php?option=com_comprofiler)

Please try to give as much details as you can -

Question: what exact process did you follow to see this message? (sorry I cannot guess).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278257 by VDC2
Replied by VDC2 on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
I dont have more details. The message comes when a user logs into his profile.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281636 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
Hi
I'm wondering if this was resolved, as I have managed to develop the same error on my test site.
The canvas, portrait, frontend language, editor, and timezone fields all show up as boxes with apparent zero width (or almost, the box is just visible). Interestingly, when you click on the box to attempt an edit, a line drops down below the box, so it looks like some sort of display problem?
PS Just tried it with a default Joomla template and it seems to a problem with the template I'm using, so I'll work on from that end, sorry to bother you, but this may help other users.

7 years 11 months ago #281637 by VDC2
Replied by VDC2 on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
Not it hast not been solved, its still there. I think I will deinstall it and get another community extension.

7 years 11 months ago #281641 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
Hi

Personally, I think that would be a mistake. I've been using Joomla for years now, and in my experience CB isn't just the best community extension, its probably the best extension there is. The support is amazing, but you need to pay for it really.
Its very frustrating when you are stuck with a problem, but with perseverance they can always be sorted.
Certainly the initial problem that you posted seems to me to be a template issue, on my site at least. I'm guessing that the component not found issue is something pretty simple as well.
Good luck anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VDC2

7 years 10 months ago #282848 by ongena
Replied by ongena on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
Got the same problem.

Tried to put of the smart search = didn't work

Try to change the template. After i did this it worked again (but only in a template i do not want to use)

Tried on my other website (who i replaced to a other server, but still working like before) and there it worked well in the same template...

Its a mistery for me :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn