7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282849 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
Hi

Okay, luckily, because i discovered (as you have) it was a template issue, I contacted Gavick, who supply any templates I use, and their support was able to pinpoint the problem, which was a library being added by an extension (in my case Smart Search). So its the template in combination with a particular extension that is causing this issue.

The likelihood is that you have different extensions installed between the two sites you mentioned, and maybe you could start there, by looking at what the differences are? In any case, you will find the problem if you disable all your extensions in turn and check as you go. Quote from Gavick support is below.

"Please disable all extensions and than start publishing them one ofter the other while checking the dropdown. One of this extensions is adding chosen library which has to be disabled."

Good luck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282853 by ongena
Replied by ongena on topic Avatar and Canvas not Showing
All the extensions are the same :( as my other website. The problems started after i moved my site to an other server...

And if i installed the newest version of CB the site stopped working.

Problem not solved yet ;)

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282854 by LineMine
Hi

have you tried disabling all your extensions?

it sounds like you might have a problem with the server settings as well?

Eg; you need to be running php 5.4+ on current versions of CB....

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282860 by ongena
Didnt try that but... checked everything with the other site and everything is the same...

BUT after installing CB 2.0.14 i got this message

001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.14+build.2016.06.16.19.39.02.18f2ce0c8.zip is being installed.
001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.14+build.2016.06.16.19.39.02.18f2ce0c8.zip failed to install! Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/sites/trainervoetbal.com/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php on line 1433
Installer is uninstalling.
Installer uninstalled successfully.

7 years 10 months ago #282878 by LineMine
No idea what that is I'm afraid.

If you're serious about using CB I suggest you upgrade to a paid membership and than you'll get excellent support which will help you sort this out. Alternatively, change your hosting company and see what happens?

7 years 10 months ago #282902 by ongena
This is its shows at the moment...

1px dropdownmenu

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn