If I have thousands of lists......how to do better?

6 years 5 months ago #298953 by mk3
So cool! It works now! =)
I've changed to "All searchable fields" in userlist settigs!

Thank you for your advices - now I think my work will be 3 times faster with only one userlist! Great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299245 by mk3
Finally I've got my head going round after making days of tryings and researches....
I've tried to use sh404SEF - for creating new dinamic pages it's not bad, though for my goal I have the feeling it would be the same as creating menu items using only one userlist, as I've said earlier.

But the main problem is the
hreflang
tag as I've also said before.... sh404SEF does nothing to add this tag for dinamic userlists, where I add
&cb_country=us
part to the non-sef url...and I've found no way to do this.

After that I've desinstalled sh404SEF and continued tricking just with the non-sef "Link" in menu items properties (as I've made it activated)... no result.

After that I've tried to install the Falang extension, changed menu structure to only one menu, deleting other language menus (because you need to delete language associations when you used the standard Joomla language system), and it worked -
hreflang
tags were on every dinamic page and you could sitch correctly between different language pages!
I thought that was the correct way to go, but.............. I've read on forums, that while using the Falang extension, the sitemap extensions create bad sitemaps (without using hreflang tag in the sitemap).

Could you please tell me what and how to continue, as I'm stuck for many days with this problem?

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299264 by mk3
Next.... I've heard that using Falang extension isn't so good (it may cause problems in the future, as it's not the original multilanguage Joomla way), so finally I think having found a lifehack:
- I do not use sh404sef - did not find a way to have language assiciated links, to have correct HREFLANG tags indicating same pages in other languages;
- I use Joomla menu items for dynamic lists and language associations between these menu items for each language;
- I use Falang extension just because it adds correctly HREFLANG tags on pages with dynamic userlists, but I still create translations by the ordinary Joomla way (by having 3 separate menus per 3 languages using associations), NOT the Falang way - this is the lifehack I've found.

I explain why I use Falang: Joomla way will create hreflang tags only on existing CB userlists (created in CB Userlists), on dynamic userlists (by using GET parameters like &cb_country=usa) there will never be hreflang tags, even if those menu items are language associated. sh404sef won't help here either.

So like this it finally seem's to be working! And I can have addresses, pages, userlists filtered by country and have hreflang tags correctly included in the code:
site.com/en/members/usa
site.com/fr/membres/usa
site.com/ru/polzovateli/usa
...etc...
site.com/en/members/usa/mathematics
site.com/fr/membres/usa/mathematiques
site.com/ru/polzovateli/usa/matematika
...etc...

What do you think?

6 years 5 months ago #299286 by krileon
Whatever works I guess. No idea why you're having so much trouble with hreflang as Joomlas language filter plugin in Extensions > Plugins should be handling that. At any rate if you've any further Joomla multilingual questions please post them to Joomlas forums directly as we only provide CB support here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299326 by mk3

krileon wrote: hreflang as Joomlas language filter plugin in Extensions > Plugins should be handling that.

Normally it should, but in fact it works only for existing userslists, but if one wants to use only one userlist by filtering it with GET params (i.e. by adding &cb_country=usa GET param) and using it in menu items with language associations, Joomlas language filter plugin keeps working when you want to change language for the list you are seeing (i.e. from english to french), but HREFLANG tags desappear. This is only in case of using dynamic userlists.

I don't know if it's Joomlas or CB problem... If you can check that, would be nice, 'cause today's impact of hreflang tag is important.

However, as I've told earlier, I've found a little lifhack to this problem.

6 years 5 months ago #299366 by krileon
That should be based off the language of the menu item. You'd need a menu item per language though. I believe if the menu item is set to all languages it'll use whatever language is selected in the language switcher module, but I'm not sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.681 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn