If I have thousands of lists......how to do better?

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299376 by mk3

krileon wrote: That should be based off the language of the menu item. You'd need a menu item per language though.

Exactly. You must have a menu item per language for eachlist.

I believe if the menu item is set to all languages it'll use whatever language is selected in the language switcher module, but I'm not sure.

I this case changing to another language will redirect you to the root of your domain.

Today tried to add &lang=en &lang=fr &lang=ru params to my lists per language, didn't help...
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userslist&searchmode=0&lang=ru&cb_country=ch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299379 by krileon
Don't know what to tell you then, sorry. I don't think Joomla handles a situation like yours and would require a lot of menu items. Suggest just continuing to use the extension you're using to accomplish what you're needing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299414 by mk3
Found out why!... Why it wasn't working...
If you go to the file of the language filter: languagefilter.php
You see the important part of code:
if ($active_link === $current_link) {..........}
And in my case for my dynamic links the debug of two variables is like this:
$active_link : /world/ch?cb_country=ch
$current_link = /world/ch

They are not equal!
This is the answer to my question - but why Joomla or CB gives the $active_link value in that way I don't know (some kind of mix of SEF link with dynamic link).
What do you think?

PS: stripped away the ?cb_country=ch part from $active_link and now everything works great as it should! =))))

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn