Managing the visibility of activities in the CB Activity Module (Wall)

3 years 11 months ago #317964 by jperel
Hello,

In the CB Activity module (wall) of all my users, whatever their Joomla rights, all CB informations are displayed.

For example a user changes his picture's profile , a groupjive group creation, posts in groups to which he does not belong, appear in his Activity feed.

At the level of actions Automatic systems for the CB Activities Profile - Avatar, however, I have access to Self only.

In Community Builder: Edit Configuration [CB Core] these users are not part of the Moderators.

I have the impression that in the current configuration, all users see all the activities.

If anyone can guide me.
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317978 by krileon
The default activity output for a CB Activity Module is the same as the Recent Activity page. This means it shows all activity. It would be the same as setting the Asset parameter for a stream to "all". If you want the module to output the users profile activity like their Activity tab then set Asset for your CB Activity Module to "user.connections,following". See the Asset parameter description for further usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317994 by jperel
Thanks a lot,

Is there a complete description of all possibilities more than this picture ?

We would display all connections activities and all posts of joined group from groupjive.

Is it possible to display information from groupjive ?
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318007 by krileon
If you want to display all CB GroupJive activity then set the Asset to "groupjive.%". This will show all activity for CB GroupJive groups that the user has access to. It will not be limited to groups they've joined or that their connections have joined. Only way to do that currently is using the Filters feature shown in the below blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18850-cb-activity-5-0-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318077 by jperel
Thank you for your answers.

Is it possible to set a default filter for all users ? Is it possible to forbide the "all" filter ?

Is it planned to modify the ASSET of the module to be able to put the same parameters as in the filter?

Regards
Jérôme

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318095 by jperel
Somethink strange happend :

My general configuration is :
Auto Update Enable
Auto Load Enable

And 2 Filters groups and relations.

I click on groups or relations tab, filter is ok, so i'm not on the "all" tab.
I wait, update comes but charge informations from "all" tab, not my filter.

Do i make something wrong or is it a bug ?

Regards,
Jérôme

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Venusiano79

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn