[SOLVED] Links to profiles (e.g. in articles)

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #322001 by Backstein
Good evening.

I already tried to use the info from the topic: "Menu SEF URL to own profile"topic . Unfortunately I'm not able to adapt the links to my own page as I coudn't figure out how they work.

I need two links to use them in a normal blog-like article on the main page:
  1. A link which leads to the profile of the logged in user clicking on it
  2. A link which leads to a specific profile (e.g. the admin or point of contact regarding a certain topic)

Maybe there's a general way to find out which link to use for CB features? Maybe later I'd like to to the same with links to userlists etc...

Best regards

B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #322003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Links to profiles (e.g. in articles)
Use CB Author Bot if you're wanting to link the author to their profile. Aside from that suggest reading the CB Primer Book, which you can download below as it goes through setting up menu items for CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #322006 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Links to profiles (e.g. in articles)
I use the primer book. It's quite well structured and none of the chapter titles seems to fit.

It would save both of us time and posts if you could point out at least what chapter you believe contains the answer. I don't mind reading. I'm quite a good reader.
After searching a second time I still couldn't find an answer. I searched wherever the phrases ''link'' or ''menu item'' were mentionned.

So I precise my problem:
  • On the welcome page an article is displayed. Nothing to do with CB. Just html.
  • Inside this text, several users are mentionned.
  • I'd like to link their names in the text to their profile-page (I imagine something <a href...>-like).

Greetings

B

3 years 4 months ago #322016 by krileon

So I precise my problem:
On the welcome page an article is displayed. Nothing to do with CB. Just html.
Inside this text, several users are mentionned.
I'd like to link their names in the text to their profile-page (I imagine something <a href...>-like).

Ah, ok misunderstood what you were asking. You need CB Content Bot for that so you can use substitutions inside of Joomla content and anywhere Joomla content plugins are supported. See the below tutorial on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #322081 by Backstein
Replied by Backstein on topic Links to profiles (e.g. in articles)
Okay, so the link I find manually:
URL/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&Itemid=187

...won't work forever, right?

3 years 4 months ago #322089 by krileon
You can use the raw URL to profiles, yes. It is as follows. It's a lot easier to just use the substitution though.

Your Profile
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile

Specific Profile
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=USER_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn