[#2954] Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #180068 by TimoNRT
Hi...

I met the following problem:

Building a Member Profile with CBProfilePro

When i now place multiple Myrating fields on one page, at first all Fields are displayed fine until i move the mouse over the stars:

Then all Myraing fileds keep the Rollover from the first field.

Example:

Page Freshly loaded:

Myrating 1: One Star Poor

Myrating 2: Two stars Average.

If I now move the Mouse over the Myrating 2 the two stars caome back but the Description changed to "Poor" from first Myrating field.

T Found out that all following Myrating Fields correspond to description of first Myrating field on page if there is done a Mouseover (no Click) (something you do automatically)

What can I do that the correct Description is viewed?

Thank you very much

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #180092 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.
Does this happen when you're not using CB Profile Pro? It alters the display of profiles and thus how fields render so we can not guarantee functionality. 2 fields should not be colliding with one another as they're separated by their field id. This assumes you actually have 2 rating fields and aren't just rendering the same field twice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #180656 by TimoNRT
Replied by TimoNRT on topic Re: Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.
Hello...

I was some days "out of order"...

As a Test I created in Profile Pro a new Empty Profile so the normal Tabs are shown and used...

And it happens again..

Actually I have 4 myrating fields where the user can rate his language sklills for 4 Languages.. The field Values are correct only the Rollover is wrong after a rollover is performed and all Rollovers refer to the firts Rollover on the Page...

Now i deactivated Profile Pro and there is no change in this behavior...

An other Question: I read in some other Thread that many myrating fields (>20) may cause Speed Problems.. How many myrating fields can be placed on one Page so it will work fine??

Thank you..

12 years 6 months ago #180710 by krileon
Could not duplicate your issue with My Rating or Your Rating fields. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181433 by TimoNRT
Replied by TimoNRT on topic Re: Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.
Hi...

I Provided data via PM..

I took a deeper look into the site with firebug:

All Fields have their special HOVER Fields assigend but they all have the same content - same as for fitst rating field on Site...

Im am no pro in reading code so i can't find wich line/query is assigning the value to HOVER field.. Sorry..

Thank you so far...

12 years 5 months ago #181473 by krileon
Have confirmed your issue and have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2954

It has no affect on the rating it self, but just a cosmetic issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimoNRT

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn