[#2954] Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.

12 years 6 months ago #181873 by TimoNRT
Replied by TimoNRT on topic Re: Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.
Thank you..

Is it possible to deactivate rollover completeley as long as the problem is existing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #181903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.

Is it possible to deactivate rollover completeley as long as the problem is existing?

Not that I am aware, no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183093 by TimoNRT
Hello again...

I took some time to find an expenation what is happening and what could be done:

I Installed a new Joomla 1.7.3 and a CB 1.7.1 and the Rating field plugin:

In this installation, after a Rolloer is performed in "View Mode" the Rating description changes to "Click on a Star to rate" on every field you do the rollover. In my eyes this makes no sense because you can not rate in view mode.

In Think in my case the rollover problem results out of the edited language file...

However there is a probem because the my rating fild is offering non-logic opportunities:

You can change the stars/fileds in View mode but you can not save the result!

Possible Soloution:

Rollover and the ability to change the stars should be turned of when a Myrating field is only displayed in "Profile View Mode" because it makes no sense to offer the possibility for rating when you can not save the result.

Changing the fields should only be possible when a User is on his EDIT PROFILE page..

There would be no logical break anymore: You are no longer advised to do a rating that you can not save..

This would be my sugestion for a new Version of Rating filed..what do you think?

Best Regards an Thank you so far..

12 years 5 months ago #183106 by krileon
The rating fields are Ajax, meaning it saves when you click a rating. It's designed to function in this manner. It is not designed to be used in profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183108 by TimoNRT
Would be nice but it does not save...

Once changed, the rating is lost after reload of the page...

It only works in profile edit...

12 years 5 months ago #183130 by krileon
Being on J1.7 you are likely experiencing the below bug where a patch is provided to resolve it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3016

If possible please apply the patch or make the change to the file source manually and confirm if working or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn