[#2954] Fieldtype Myrating Rollover problem.

12 years 5 months ago #183370 by TimoNRT
Hello Krileon!

Applied patch and now the ratings are saved...Thank you.. this field is working fine

Now I am close to happy!!!

Perfect would be if there would not be shown:

"Click on a Star to rate" after mouseover on a myrating field..

Maybe you can give me a hint which part of code has to be changed for deaktivating the Rollover for the text...

Thanks a lot..

Timo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183382 by krileon
I don't think you can remove the rollover text, but you can certainly change what it says via its language string. I suppose if you set the language string as blank it may not display however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184744 by TimoNRT
Hi Krileon..

So far the rating field is working, after applying the patch..

Now there is only one problem left:

If The Rating is "Poorest" No Stars at all, Subtitle Poorest is not shown. Instead of that there is the Subtitle od the field that is first on Page..

Everything elese is working fine.

Your account for my site is still allive, you can check...MenuPage / Tab 1.2...

I freshly installed The Rating Plugin, applied the patch and deleted german language for cb..

I am Sorry but i need this field functioning...

Is anybody experiencing the same fault?

Best Regards and THANK YOU!

12 years 5 months ago #184755 by krileon
As there is no 0 rating possible (there's either 1+ or no rating at all) the 0 rating title (Poorest) is a pointless parameter. I recommend simply ignoring it and just user 1+ ratings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #185203 by TimoNRT
Ok... Ignoring is not that easy because I want to use this that persons can rate their Skills... If they have no skills they shoukd be able to rate Poorest. eg. language Skills

If somebody dont speak any chineese it is poorest or none with other description..

If it would work with poorest you could even use the field as a Yes/No field...

The plugin would be much more powerful.. Maybe this could be included in an update of the field. As far as I have seen there is no ratio buttons field with AJAX support provided?

I think many users would take profit of this new functionality...

Thank you so far...

12 years 5 months ago #185252 by krileon
You can have up to 11 ratings. Just set them as follows.

1: Poorest
2: Poor
3: Average
4: Good
5: Better
6: Best

I've no idea why there's a rating 0 though as there is no rating of 0 as that's just understood as no rating at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn