[#3012] GroupJive 2.4 | Events, Date & Template issues

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182830 by pepperstreet
Hello,
just tested GroupJive Events in different templates under J1.7.3 and CB 1.7.1
First of all I have to admit, that the Calender date & time input is not an optimal solution. The average user will run into problems or he will be surprised by the visual appearance. Let me explain...

GENERAL usability/issues:

Time input might be modern and interactive... but its too fancy and exotic. No matter which J! template, if you keep holding down the mousebutton on the time-sliders... and move left and right... stop for a moment... move again several times... the sliders collapse or even dis-appear.
If clicked ONCE, the time sliders dis-appear immediately... i guess, 99,9% of all users will not understand this behavior. They have no chance to adjust the input with additional clicks and drags. Why does it hide anyway?
On initial page load, the collapsed rounded DIV container is visible on most templates. See bottom left area of the page. If the calendar was opened at least one time, it seems to hide successfully.

JOOMLART T3 1.5.0 & blank template 1.0.7 (JS and CSS compression OFF)

Calendar is hidden under GJ contents.
Calendar bottom area is visible.
Calendar dis-appears on first click. No chance to input anything.

JB ZEN GRID 2.0.4 - Responsive Base Template 2.0.2
Tabs/Integrations floating to the left. Have vertical order.

GANTRY 3.2.12
Tabs/Integrations textlabel has strange appearance, looks doubled and squished.

My suggestions:
  • If an interactive calendar is mandatory, it has to be more compatible. IMHO, thats a common problem with fancy scripting stuff ;-) So, I wish there was a solid and easy calendar like we have in CB date field. Users want it simple. The more simple, the less errors.
  • Alternative date and time inputs... simple select-boxes might not be "sexy", but readable and usable by all users, browsers and script-libraries. Options to select time, and especially Minutes in intervals i.e. 5-minute-steps, 10-minute steps etc.
  • Alternative input fields with INTELLIGENT MASKs... found some interesting input helpers. Please read on here... jQuery masked input , blog article about it , Mootools related project

Thanks for listening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182835 by jojo12

JOOMLART T3 1.5.0 & blank template 1.0.7 (JS and CSS compression OFF)

Calendar is hidden under GJ contents.

Yes, that's right, it's hidden under GJ contents! Only a little bit is visible when I am using WYSIWYG.

But then when I edit a saved event, by clicking on date input field, the datepicker window is visible!

12 years 5 months ago #182839 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183001 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue when configured to use WYSIWIG, if using plain text the problem isn't present. Have created the below bug ticket to further track the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3012

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183006 by jojo12
In my picture you see the datepickerwindow half hidden, and you see
the datepicker-window has z-index=3.
When I change this in firebug to z-index=5, then the window is fullvisible.

Where is this code, that I can try to change it?
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #183010 by krileon

Where is this code, that I can try to change it?

It's a jQuery plugin and is all generated by the plugin. Will review the plugin further to see if I can give the index higher priority. You may want to review your template to see if it has a overlay that's laying on top of your entire site as this will cause problems for a lot of things (messes up click handlers).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn