[#3012] GroupJive 2.4 | Events, Date & Template issues

12 years 5 months ago #183854 by jojo12
I got an aswer from Joomlart Forums. I asked

Problem z-index

Hi, I had a problem in communitybuilder which uses jquery 1.5. It uses datetimepicker, but with your z-index in ja-container: 3 the datetimepicker was behind the ja-container. So I changed to z-index:5. Does this have somewhere bad consequences?

The answer is:

You can do it. It's a good way.

@pepperstreet:
I think it's better to take basic joomla templates as rules. And then to find solutions in the templates who changes something.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183884 by pepperstreet
@jojo12
I know what you mean. As always, It really depends...
Just wanted to get a permanent solution, which applies to almost any new user, who wants to use GJ. If any user is responsible for the correct display... the GJ forum will be flooded with the same issues and questions (in the long-run). So, Kyle might be interested in such a solution as well ;-)

I agree, the joomlart Z-index usage in the inner template container is a bit strange. But most template will use different Z-indexes in different contexts and parts... so, a solution on GJ-side is preferred. If possible! (might be difficult, because Z-index behaviour changes in different CSS-specs and browsers :-( ) The usual play with web-standards.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183902 by krileon
While I don't see GJ at fault here I don't really care whose fault it is. My goal is to ensure you the users have the best experience possible and will be fixing the issue for next release by adjusting the index. The bug ticket is also already noted to increase the index so when I get to it I'll ensure it's done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn