CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS

10 years 9 months ago #231482 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
Looks like WebApp sets a specific user agent. I maybe able to just force a user agent change to test the new implementation. Will get back to you shortly with my findings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231484 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the user agents for iOS mobile safari vs webapp. I'll be able to implement this for next release as well as be able to test is working. I've created the below feature ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4131

I should have this implemented today, but will provide to you for testing before release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231485 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
Glad to help :-)
We have ipad and iphone all generations to test with

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231486 by krileon
Ok, have implemented redirect method. It can optionally be set to "Popup or Redirect" (default), which is based off user agent (iOS webapps will always be redirects with this option), or "Redirect Only", or "Popup Only". Please PM an email address for me to send you a 5.2.0 build to test or please PM backend super administrator login credentials for me to install for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 9 months ago #231499 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
Installed correctly, works still fine on browsers but on webapp I get a "cannot open because too many redirects occur" js error after authentication

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231500 by krileon
Ensure you refresh a few times to clear browser caching (or I suppose webapp caching)? There's only a total of 3 redirects and works fine in Chrome with the useragent changed to iPad.

Edit: I maybe able to eliminate 2 or at least 1 of those redirects. Will see what I can come up with. My guess is iOS is trying to stop a WebApp from doing too many redirects to prevent overloading it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn