Field display error

7 years 3 months ago #290366 by missarab
Field display error was created by missarab
Suddenly, the phone field in ALL individual accounts is changed to display the account URL instead of the phone numbers. ALL accounts had phone numbers saved, but now they have disappeared! See attachment.

Running J 3.6.5, CB 2.1.0

Any advice

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field display error
Please me sure to search before posting. This has already been answered below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235727-builds-and-phone-field-phone-has-disappeared?start=6#290045

The code causing this has also already been fixed and won't happen again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290628 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic Field display error
Will now update fix this error automatically?
I'm running CB 2.1.0, if update to the latest version, will that fix it?

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290647 by krileon
No, updating will not fix this issue. It needs to be manually fixed. You can run the below database query to fix it then install latest CB to recreate the alias field.

UPDATE `jos_comprofiler_fields` SET `name` = 'cb_phone', `tablecolumns` = 'cb_phone', `type` = 'text', `calculated` = 0, `sys` = 0 WHERE `fieldid` = 43

Note it is important that you replace jos_ with whatever you actual database table prefix is. Typically you'd just run this through phpmyadmin after adjusting the prefix. This will revert alias to cb_phone field. You then need to install CB again for it to recreate the alias field as a new field. Values stored in _comprofiler should be untouched.

Please be sure to be making backups before running any direct database queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290673 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic Field display error
I did run the above database query, and upgrade to CB 2.1.2, but it didn't fix it :(
Now, I did try to edit the table manually as you explain it first, but I didn't find the alias within _comprofiler_fields, see attachment.

Please advice, Thank you

Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #290691 by krileon
The query worked perfectly fine in my tests. I've no idea how you're trying to run the query, but you typically just do so under the SQL tab. Review _comprofiler_fields database table to see if the alias field reverted to cb_phone. It will have a fieldid of 43. Read the below topic for more details.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235727-builds-and-phone-field-phone-has-disappeared?start=6#290045

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds