[#8878] Exclusive Plans Needed for Access

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328680 by micheleq
Hello,
I'm having an issue where members are accessing the site without paying for one of the required (exclusive) plans. I know you've answered me about this before, and I've found other posts like this as well. Until now, I've gotten around it by either assigning the non-exclusive plans as the child to an exclusive plan (from my post here) or by using Auto Actions on plan expiration. However, it's getting too complex and still not working as I would like it.

The setup is this:
  • Access to the site is granted via 3 possible plans: monthly, semester, annual (exclusive plans)
  • Additionally, users can take addon classes from other teachers with their own subscriptions (non-exclusive plans)
  • Now we have extended ACL access to 2 year subscribers and offer upgraded access. These plans only show if 2yr criteria is met and they are also 3 exclusive plans (monthly, semester or yearly)

Now I have 6 exclusive plans offered, and as many non-exclusive "addon" plans. The reason Auto Actions doesn't work for me is that, not only it gets really complicated with the amount of different plans, but I don't want to cancel or expire the addon plans, even if there's no exclusive plan active and access is denied. I want to restrict access regardless of the status of non-exclusive plans.

What I see as the easiest solution to this is to specify the plans that are needed for access. Right now in CBSubs settings, there's the "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" option as yes/no.

For me, the solution would be to only consider the exclusive subscriptions when verifying access to the site.

I would like to hire hourly services (technical or support) if that's available to resolve this issue. Please let me know it that's available and how to go about it.

Thank you.
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Exclusive Plans Needed for Access

For me, the solution would be to only consider the exclusive subscriptions when verifying access to the site.

That should already be the case. If they're attempting to register without an exclusive plan selected and only selected non-exclusive plans the registration will be rejected. Below is the plan setup I'd use.

Main Plans
Plan 1 - monthly, exclusive
Plan 2 - semester, exclusive
Plan 3 - yearly, exclusive

Addon Plans (only visible if 1 of the 3 main plans is selected)
Plan 4 - yearly, non-exclusive
Plan 5 - yearly, non-exclusive
Plan 6 - yearly, non-exclusive

That should work as you're expecting it to. This means they must have at least plan 1, 2, or 3 for access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328702 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Exclusive Plans Needed for Access
Hi Kyle,
That is the case when they sign up, however, it's not the case on expiration. When subscribing to the plans, all the rules work as intended. The problem comes as the different plans expire.

Case example:
  • User signs up and pays for one month exclusive $20 subscription on the 1st day of October (or any month)
  • On the 29 of October he signs up for addon non-exclusive $5 subscription
  • On the 1st of November exclusive $20 subscription expires, but the user still gets access because the $5 subscription is still active
  • On the 29 of November month the non-exclusive $5 subscription expires and only then the user is asked to renew the exclusive subscription
  • Hence, the user went almost a month accessing the site without the required $20 subscription
Also, if the user has the non-exclusive $5 subscription automatically renewed, then he can go months on end without the required exclusive $20 subscription.

In tracking this problem over several hundred users, I see that there are only a handful of users "taking advantage" of this issue and from what I've found, it is only an average of 2 weeks slide per case. Usually, if the non-exclusive $5 subscription is on automatic, then so is the exclusive $20 subscription.

I hope this further explains the problem.
Thank you,
Tomás

2 years 1 month ago #328712 by krileon
Only way I can see to fix that is to make addon plans child plans of your exclusive plans otherwise that's working as intended as far as satisfying the access requirement of non-free registrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328719 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Exclusive Plans Needed for Access

krileon wrote: Only way I can see to fix that is to make addon plans child plans of your exclusive plans otherwise that's working as intended as far as satisfying the access requirement of non-free registrations.

Can I make a plan be the child of any one of 6 different plans?

If I set all the non-exclusive plans to be childs of the required monthly plan. Then what would happen if they switch over to the required yearly plan while they're addon plan is still current and renewing monthly? Would they be asked to renew the monthly plan even if they are on the yearly plan?

Thanks,
Tomás

2 years 1 month ago #328728 by krileon
You'd need copies of your addon plans for each parent plan. They'd lose those addon plans when switching parents. We just don't have a configuration to cover your situation. Will add a feature ticket to review checking that an exclusive plan is subscribed to instead of just any plan.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8878

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn