[SOLVED] Restricting forum URL's to paid members

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255940 by delhi-expat
Replied by delhi-expat on topic Restricting forum URL's to paid members
Hi Kyle

I installed the latest builds of CB and CBSUBS as you said, but it didn't work - the URL protection is still not working for me. :) I did not install each one of the cbsubs plugins again (excepting the cbsubs content plugin which I reinstalled), but I'll be happy to do that in case you think it will work.

Is there any other workaround for this? This issue is what is more urgent for me (the other one I mentioned in the other thread is annoying, but can wait a bit longer) due to client requirements. . .

Edit: Is this the same way you guys have set it up on your forum here? If so, I'm completely at a loss as to why it doesn't work with my Kunena setup. . .:)

Edit #2: I'm currently using my test site via IP (as opposed to domain, as the domain is pointing to another "landing" page as of now) - - would that for any reason be affecting anything with regards to the URL protection? I'm not really sure, but just wondering what is going on here. Did try inputting the entire URL (http://...) but even that did not work.

Edit #3: When I installed the plugin again, it said this: WARNING: you also need to install and publish the CBSubs Bot CMS mambot/plugin.

Is "joomlaplugin_cbpaidsubsbot-4.0.0-rc.1" this plugin? This is already installed on my site. . .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256287 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Restricting forum URL's to paid members
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. If you've a lot of plans please include details of what plans you want protecting what categories. This should be working fine (we're using this exact usage here at JP).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256314 by delhi-expat
Hi Kyle

I just PM'd you the details.

9 years 3 months ago #256418 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and you were protecting the parent top level category and not the child categories. Ideally you need to protect both. The URL protection is pretty specific and the child category URL does not include the parent category id so the URL protection doesn't work. I've protected both the parent and child category and confirmed the protection is now working fine. Please also confirm is working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256447 by delhi-expat
Hi Kyle

Thanks a lot for your efforts. It doesn't appear to be working for me though - guests are still able to view the forums being protected, and users on plan #1 (the plan that should not have any access to the forums) are able to view the forum.

Is there any way you can take a look again and check? I'm happy to explain further on PM if I'm unclear in what I am saying.

Cheers, and thanks again!

9 years 3 months ago #256485 by krileon
Seams to be working fine to me whether logged in or logged out as guest. When users click the "Special Area" or "Q&A" categories they're taken to a CBSubs subscribe page. Paid student and teacher plans allow access to both. If you're logged in as a Super Users though you're exempt from this protection. Try clicking them while logged out and you're taken to CB registration where it informs you a subscription is needed. While logged in they are taken to the CBSubs plans page with those 2 paid plans displayed.

If you're wanting the categories to be completely hidden then that's not what the URL protection does and for that you need to use ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: delhi-expat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn